Honored Contributor

I saw her, she said she lost 46#, I thought the weight loss really aged her though. She also said she had a broken knee when on DWTS and didn't know it at the time.

Honored Contributor

I've been using CinSuLin caps for 2 years. I went yesterday for my checkup and my a1c was 5.2.

I don't eat grain or added sugar or salt. 

I started at 260 pounds, and now weigh about 175.

You ladies CAN DO IT!

Honored Contributor

@violann wrote:

I've been using CinSuLin caps for 2 years. I went yesterday for my checkup and my a1c was 5.2.

I don't eat grain or added sugar or salt. 

I started at 260 pounds, and now weigh about 175.

You ladies CAN DO IT!

@violann

Are you diagnosed as a type 2?  Congratulations to you on maintaining such a large weight loss😊

Respected Contributor

Re: Wow Paula Dean

[ Edited ]

Coincidentally, re the cinnamon, I heard recently, so it came to mind when I read this thread, that there are no clinical studies that really show cinnamon has an effect in lowering blood sugar.  None of the studies to date have been "double-blind" and a "metastudy" of the published work concluded that the evidence wasn't there yet.

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

Coincidentally, re the cinnamon, I heard recently, so it came to mind when I read this thread, that there are no clinical studies that really show cinnamon has an effect in lowering blood sugar.  None of the studies to date have been "double-blind" and a "metastudy" of the published work concluded that the evidence wasn't there yet.

That's what I have read, too, and my endocrinologist has never recommended I try the capsules.  

Honored Contributor

To chicky:  

tumblr_lr6eunTzie1qd7scao1_500.png (500×500)

Honored Contributor

Hi tansy!- I dragged along with a firm diagnosis of PRE- diabetes for at least 4 or 5 years until I smartened up. My blood sugar levels hovered between 99-105. I did a trial of Metformin with no apparent benefit/change, while continuing to eat badly and too much. I actually think my internist stopped just short of diagnosing me w D type 2 because my anxiety level if he had would have quadrupled.

My drastic life style change finally did the trick. My fasting blood sugar in my last bloodwork was 87. 

My life without the 80+ pounds is VERY different. I'm currently attempting to find a foolproof exercise regime for myself. Not quite there but actively ACTIVELY SEARCHING. I'll find it!

Honored Contributor

Glad to hear you are taking it serious.  My mother was diagnosed in her 60's with the same thing.  Her mother....the same thing.  Now my brother.  So far, I am ok.  It is so important to take it seriously.  My mother is now having trouble with her eyesight.  Her eye doctor says the only reason she still has it is because she has worked so hard the last 20 yrs. to control it (she is 86).  He hopes to help her keep here eye sight till her time comes.  I think she will!  Keep at it.  It sounds like your on the right road!

Respected Contributor

Sorry, it was just a typo. It happens to many people.