Esteemed Contributor

Re: Would you move into a house where a murder/suicide

Caravaggio - Doesn't matter as to the relijus faith/belief.  If a spirit wants to be a menace, it will be.  People do need to be informed of a possiblility of having difficulties with their homes or land. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  We have lived here over 30 years, and owned the home for over 10 years.  I have witnessed nary a moan, groan, or 'specter of doom' in all that time.  The agent that sold us the house passed a couple of years ago.  I don't know what the law states about disclosure of real estate "irregularities" in Wisconsin. 

Honored Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

Caravaggio - Doesn't matter as to the relijus faith/belief.  If a spirit wants to be a menace, it will be.  People do need to be informed of a possiblility of having difficulties with their homes or land. 

***********  I do think my religious beliefs enter into my reasoning on why I answered the way I did.  I do believe there is a Holy Spirit.  I do believe there are evil spirits, too.  The Holy Spirit is greater and more powerful so if the Holy Spirit (God)  indwells a person.....that person has nothing to fear.  This is what I believe. 

Honored Contributor

In the mid-1960s, my aunt bought a house where the previous owner committed suicide in the garage.  Great house, fantastic neighborhood, excellent price.

I stayed there quite often.  We don't believe in ghosts.

Valued Contributor

No,  especially because of the children.....

Honored Contributor

I don't know - I probably would if I really loved/wanted the house and/or it was a great price.

For all I know people have been killed in my house.  I don't think so, however, or Mr Gladys Kravitz down the street would have told us by now.  But it was never a consideration.   

We are the fifth owners of this house, so all I really know is that one prior owner built on the upstairs part and one of them upgraded the kitchen, plumbing and electrical, as it is about 45 years old and none of that is that old.

Honored Contributor

I said no way, because it would play on my mind, because knowing there was a murder, and it being kids,on top of that,would just drive me nuts,not affaird of spirits, but just knowing the facts would bother me so.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Respected Contributor

@Puzzle Piece wrote:

OK

I was just pointing out what I have around me.

I also have my dad's ashes. 

He died peacfully at home. The people who bought my parents home were told ahead of time.  He isn't there he is with me Woman Happy

Valued Contributor

I would be fine with it. It happened a long time ago and wouldn't bother me much. Just because something bad happened there doesn't mean there's a negative impact/energy about the place. You make a home your own home, with your own energy and happiness. 

Frequent Contributor

Well, the house when remodeled will be worth 250,000 as are the other houses. 150,000 is the price they want. Thanks so much to everyone who responded. Financially a great deal but even with a priests blessing I'm not sure. I have been in this house and didn't sense anything off but...... I really don't know if I can live here. Will talk to dh again tonight. Once again, thank-you all so much for your time and sharing.