Respected Contributor

Re: Would you just buy them yourself?

Time to shop!!! Have fun☺
Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear 

It depends on your funds and how much you like hers.

If you really like hers, and are able to have them professionally cleaned, you might want to continue to wait.  If buying new ones would be a financial burden, then wait. 

If you aren’t wild about hers, and can afford to buy new ones go ahead & happy shopping!  Remember to factor in the cost of delivery.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@FlowerBear  You need to ask her about the rugs and that you would like to get your home together.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Try telling her you don't think you'll need her rugs.  Say something like, "I just wanted to let you know I don't think I'll be needing your rugs.  I'm going this weekend to look around so I can get my decorating underway.  I just didn't want you to worry about rushing to find something else on my account."

Put it all on her, and your not wanting to inconvenience her.  Maybe that will prompt her to either get on the stick, or not.

Trusted Contributor

Some people have good intentions but just do not follow through.

My SIL offered me her kitchen table and chairs when I moved in to my place which has a huge kitchen. I had a small set and didn't want to move with it. She advised she was buying a new set, so I could have her current (not old and very good condition set). 

About a month or so went by and I was using a folding table and chairs in my kitchen. I had a feeling I was not going to see that kitchen set any time soon. I purchased a new table and chairs and never mentioned her offer to her again. It has been 6 years and she still has that same table and chairs.

Buy your own rugs. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@FlyersGirl 

Beware of SILs bearing gifts.  😀

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Respected Contributor

Thank you everyone  Smiley Happy  I am planning as soon as I can get to the next town over to shop for the new rugs.  I am tired of waiting even though her intentions are good. Im sure she has just not had the time or chance to replace her rugs. New rugs actually sounds much better than used ones that would need cleaned!

So once I decide on the rugs I can also get sofa pillows too lol.  Cat Tongue

Respected Contributor

WOW!! Guess you never would have gotten them! 

Respected Contributor

@Drythe Truth is I didnt really like hers that much, just wanted to save money lol.

Respected Contributor

@LindaSal    Never even thought about that but it is very gross!