Super Contributor

Would you go to a restaurant where you could not speak?

I heard a story today about this restaurant in Brooklyn called Eat where the chef is offering 90-minute dining sessions, a 4 course meal where patrons cannot speak at all. So far these unique events are scheduled twice a month and it seems the reviews from the first one were positive. I would find it odd to sit and eat without any conversation whatsoever because I have been raised that dining is a social experience. I enjoy the experience of good food and good company and good conversation. I suppose the people that want to participate in this are doing so either out of curiosity or because they just enjoy their culinary experience in silence. I am assuming you are allowed to speak when you order your meal, or it is already a set menu. What happens when they ask you how your meal is? Do you just nod or risk getting thrown out? LOL! It would certainly eliminate the problem of noisy children. {#emotions_dlg.laugh} Here is an article on it:

http://observer.com/2013/09/greenpoint-restaurant-debuts-silent-suppers/

Just made me wonder, if a restaurant was an "all silent" establishment, would you dine there?