Honored Contributor

Re: •••Would You Stay Overnight Alone in a 'Haunted' House'?•••

@orangegarnet wrote:

@MoJoV wrote:

@makeup addict wrote:

I would! I dont watch horror movies due to the violence and gore, but I love ghost stories. As I type this, Im watching A Haunting. paranormal Witness on scyfy.  They basically renact ghost stories told by people who encountered them. They are my guilty pleasures. 

I would stay at a haunted house and I would probably stayawake the whole night! Lol

I love the "haunted" kind of tv shows and movies but cannot bear the slasher bloody stuff.  One of the best ghost movies was The Haunting, not the remake but the original from the 60's. Julie Harris was the star.  I think you would like it.

To this very day, the original Haunting gives me the very same cold, scary chills just as much as it did when I saw that movie for the first time.  Also the House of Usher!  And the Grudge, I can't watch that one again either.. scared the bejeepers out me!!

How about the original 13 Ghosts?  I love that black & white movie!!!  No slasher movies for me, it's the older movies that had the scare going on!!!!!

OHHHHH I forgot, the original The Uninvited with Ray Milland... stay in that house overnight...  I love them all!!!!!!!!!!!  and those silly Disney movies like Halloweentown & Under Wraps.... I'm such a sucker for those...  BOO to YOU!!!

If you all haven't saw 'The Changeling' with George C. Scott I'd recommend it. Intelligent ghost story none of this  'teeny' stuff of today.

Honored Contributor

Just for fun........ I love it when Ellen scares her guests.... here she scares Taylor Swift- classic!!

Back on topic...

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

In response to the question, what if you could have someone with you?  I think I'd be better off going alone.  I wouldn't want someone with me who needed reassurances all night.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

I would stay at a haunted house and I would probably stayawake the whole night! Lol

To this very day, the original Haunting gives me the very same cold, scary chills just as much as it did when I saw that movie for the first time.  Also the House of Usher!  And the Grudge, I can't watch that one again either.. scared the bejeepers out me!!

How about the original 13 Ghosts?  I love that black & white movie!!!  No slasher movies for me, it's the older movies that had the scare going on!!!!!

OHHHHH I forgot, the original The Uninvited with Ray Milland... stay in that house overnight...  I love them all!!!!!!!!!!!  and those silly Disney movies like Halloweentown & Under Wraps.... I'm such a sucker for those...  BOO to YOU!!!

If you all haven't saw 'The Changeling' with George C. Scott I'd recommend it. Intelligent ghost story none of this  'teeny' stuff of today.

The Changeling huh?  I'll have to look for that..  Have you seen The Others with Nicole Kidman?  Oh wow!!!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Oh Yeah, I don't think I'd be afraid to say alone in a haunted house because of things that occur in our home.. we've learned to live with noises, scents and such.... I used to be afraid but not so much now.. we share the space.. 

Go VOLS
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

I love that movie!

Honored Contributor

I would not.  We did stay in a haunted castle in Wales.  There were a lot of peacocks on the property.  They screamed all night.  I swore someone was being murdered.

Valued Contributor

I wouldn't even visit a haunted house,let alone spend the night in one.I watched a lot of episodes of "Paranormal Witness"and "A Haunting".Also watched a documentary about the young man who inspired the movie "The Exorcist'.Until then I had no idea that possessions were real.When my mom pushed me to have my 2 daughters baptized soon after they were born I did it only to please her,now I am glad it happened.I remember during the ceremony in church both parents and godparents had to read from a book saying many times we were rebuking demons in the name of the babies.At that time I was just going through the motions.I wish the posters who lived in a haunted house whould tell their stories.

Respected Contributor

I would love to stay all night in a haunted house.  By myself?  No, but I'd love to with DH with me.  It's not really for protection, but I'd want a witness if I saw a ghost.  Otherwise no one would believe me!!!

Honored Contributor

1958  they stayed for money! 

Go VOLS