Frequent Contributor

For one day or more please ask the hosts/vendors to avoid the words amazing, cool, and awesome.  Thanks

Honored Contributor

They aren't going to sell much if the say boring, frumpy or lackluster.  All sales people tend to embellish in order to convince us we need to buy their product.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:

They aren't going to sell much if the say boring, frumpy or lackluster.  All sales people tend to embellish in order to convince us we need to buy their product.

This made me laughSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

I'm guilty of saying cool.  Wonder if I learned it from a host.

Respected Contributor

Re: Words request

[ Edited ]

Yes, make them frown and say their products are dull, boring, uninteresting, over priced and not special in any way.   That's the way to make money!

Honored Contributor

The only word I really object to is awesome. Sunrises, rainbows, Mother Nature in general are awesome, not a pair of pants or a jacket.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Super Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

The only word I really object to is awesome. Sunrises, rainbows, Mother Nature in general are awesome, not a pair of pants or a jacket.

Hahaha, yes that word needs to take temporary vacation.  Not so much for me because of the QVC hosts who use it but just in general. Everything is just so totally awesome these days.

However I have to say that, in addition to the things you mentioned, your post is indeed quite awesome!

Trusted Contributor

The word "amazing" is really the most overused word of all. 

Occasionally I hear Alberti or Sandra Bennett describe something as "pretty" and I think "how refreshing".  We don't hear the simple words used to describe things anymore.  It's all hyperbole.

Honored Contributor

To me, no vacuum cleaner is "amazing or phenomenal" unless someone else is doing the job for me, LOL .....

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Re: Words request

[ Edited ]

They just need to stick with the words we love to hear "do you want fries with that?"

YES I will take several!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."