Valued Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@MathisFan wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh goodness Wolfie . . . he is so prone to that behavior I am surprised that his shows are not on a permanent seven second delay . . . Smiley Happy

Bet they will be from now on. Woman LOL

I agree @MathisFan but I kind of call foul on HSN for this.  I remember when Suzanne Summers was on (amongst others) the audio would drop for extended periods of time.  It was later speculated that it was because she/they were speaking to unsubstantiated claims which I get but they also know Wolfie is going to let fly at least once while he is on the air.

It must cost money to monitor what he is doing and I guess if a couple of naughty words/phrases pop out they are good with it (and to be honest so am I as I really enjoy his shows and his products) . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe....A few naughty words don't bother me either.  I'm extremely tired of all the political correctness.  I just can't imagine all the calls HSN received afterward.  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Eh, not feeling sorry for the producer. Wolfgang is there to cook and to show HOW to cook in his product. The producer is telling the host to TALK ABOUT THE COLORS TELL THEM TO BUY NOW TALK ABOUT THE HSN CARD...

NO ONE wants to hear that junk. We WANT to see the vendor use their product. If they didn't yammer on about stupid things OR show the NEXT DAILY SPECIAL and take time away from the vendor, this wouldn't be an issue. Good for Wolfgang.

This ticked me off over on EVINE during the SKINN shows. OMG, the time devoted to freaking WATCHES DURING the Skinn presentations was a huge turn-off. They kept telling the vendor "Only a minute. Hurry!!" The time instead was spent on pushing oversized, ugly watches.

So yeah, no "oh poor producer" from me.

Honored Contributor

@MathisFan wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

@MathisFan wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Oh goodness Wolfie . . . he is so prone to that behavior I am surprised that his shows are not on a permanent seven second delay . . . Smiley Happy

Bet they will be from now on. Woman LOL

I agree @MathisFan but I kind of call foul on HSN for this.  I remember when Suzanne Summers was on (amongst others) the audio would drop for extended periods of time.  It was later speculated that it was because she/they were speaking to unsubstantiated claims which I get but they also know Wolfie is going to let fly at least once while he is on the air.

It must cost money to monitor what he is doing and I guess if a couple of naughty words/phrases pop out they are good with it (and to be honest so am I as I really enjoy his shows and his products) . . . Smiley Happy

@momtochloe....A few naughty words don't bother me either.  I'm extremely tired of all the political correctness.  I just can't imagine all the calls HSN received afterward.  Woman LOL

Sigh . . . I so agree @MathisFan as earlier today Wolfie double dipped into whatever it was that was made in his blender and the host (and for me sadly) quickly said either she would take care of it or would scoop around it as I wasn't paying 100% attention but it did make me sad.  Oh goodness folks, with all of the problems that we have right now I personally would not be concerned with Wolfie germs as no one there is forced to eat his food and to be honest if I was lucky enough to be in that studio I would hoover up whatever he cooked . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bbsr I think that he could be very tough to work with.His assistant always looks stressed to me.

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Eh, not feeling sorry for the producer. Wolfgang is there to cook and to show HOW to cook in his product. The producer is telling the host to TALK ABOUT THE COLORS TELL THEM TO BUY NOW TALK ABOUT THE HSN CARD...

NO ONE wants to hear that junk. We WANT to see the vendor use their product. If they didn't yammer on about stupid things OR show the NEXT DAILY SPECIAL and take time away from the vendor, this wouldn't be an issue. Good for Wolfgang.

This ticked me off over on EVINE during the SKINN shows. OMG, the time devoted to freaking WATCHES DURING the Skinn presentations was a huge turn-off. They kept telling the vendor "Only a minute. Hurry!!" The time instead was spent on pushing oversized, ugly watches.

FYI.  Skinn was also on for hours on end, not just the watches.  I do order skinn cosmetics, but it's over kill the hours Dimitri is on.  There's alot of things I don't like to see for hours on end.  Everybody has different tastes and they're entitled to their opinions.  I purchased two of those "ugly" watches you referred them to and saved over 200 dollars on both.  Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  There's lots of items the shopping channels spend hours on, but I would never post nasty words about their products on a shopping channel to take away somebody's joy of purchasing them.  it's just not good manners. 

Super Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Hahaha @SahmIam, you're totally on point about the watches! I kept saying to myself 'if you would just quit hawking those grotesque watches, he'd have more than enough time to demo his products' LOL. And the rings, don't forget the rings. I think the host had three of them on as the camera zoomed in on them and then she started babbling about how gorgeous they were and would be coming up soon. Dimitri is always polite about it but I always wonder what he's thinking when they keep interrupting his presentations. BTW, he was wearing a very lovely gold watch during these recent shows. Wonder which brand it was; Rolex perhaps?

Honored Contributor

@BlingQueen022  Like you said, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I'm entitled to my opinion, just like you are.

Yes, SKINN is on for hours on end; those are SCHEDULED shows. When he or ANY vendor is on, it SHOULD be about that vendor. The watch show they were pushing took up more than 1/4 of his shows... That's 15 minutes worth of someone ELSE'S merchandise. I don't recall this happening during his shows in July. The time wasted also came from the hosts showing off those watches every chance they got and interrupting him to talk about them... again, time taken away from the vendor.

Whether you like his stuff or not is irrelevant. Whether I like those watches you love or not is irrelevant. The point I was making was regarding the producer taken time away from the vendor for push other merchandise or use selling techniques that are old but do work on some.... either way, it's annoying, rude and makes it hard to feel sorry for the powers that be.

Enjoy your watches.

Esteemed Contributor

Wolfgang does gross me out with constantly wiping his nose...but then i watched Todd English , last night, and he was running his hands through his hair then picking up the salmon..steaks..etc with those same hands and putting the food in the cookware...yuck...

They both...Puck and English eat from their cookware with the same spoon and put it back in the food...double yuck...

However I find them both entertaining....and I like that they actually cook...and cook many things...(not just sell)...

By the way...does Todd always look like he has been drinking....I know I read on here that he had a problem with drinks a while back...when he was on HSN....he sure looked that way last night....he tends to burn his stuff...and do strange things all while cooking and talking....thats why i ask...

Honored Contributor

I enjoy watching Wolfgang Puck.  At least he is a chef.

Honored Contributor

I don't care what he does on air, I've been extremely pleased with his products.......