Esteemed Contributor

Re: Wish I Could Be Happy On My Birthday Today

[ Edited ]

Angel, I know it’s difficult to watch a loved one decline and to think about being alone.  (((Hugs))) Please take heart in knowing that the love you’re sharing and giving will always be a blessing to you and your mother. 

I came across this quote today. 

“The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. These persons have an appreciation, sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen.” – Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

I hope you can do something special for yourself today, something nurturing – fixing a cup of herbal tea or hot chocolate and relaxing with an uplifting movie or book – whatever you enjoy.  

Peace & Birthday Blessings to you. 

images.jpe

Esteemed Contributor

I just wanted to add that take the time to do something that you have always wanted to do.

Don't talk yourself out of doing it, ether.

It isn't being selfish to want to do something for yourself.

Rent your favorite movie.

Eat your favorite foods (birthday calories don't count! *wink*)

Just try to have a little fun today.

Esteemed Contributor

Having cared for both my parents, I do understand your heartache.  And I know that it can take all your strength and, sometimes, take your joy 

As others have said, you are still so young!  Remind yourself what a gift you were to your mother when you were born.  This was a happy day for her!

You will never be an orphan!  The love your parents have for you is always there, even when they are not.

You are doing so much and you will never be sorry you did.  Here's hoping you can find a ray of sunshine in your day.

Bless you!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@doxie1 wrote:

@missy1

a weenie disk jockey

that is funny!

doxie

Weenie dogs are my favorite pure breed dog. Had them when growing up. I can tell you like them, your screenname. 

Respected Contributor

First of all, you are a great daughter visiting your mother and taking care of her.  I look at it this way, my father died at 43, my mother at 59, my sister at 58 - I count my blessings every day to have made it to 64 and pray I will make it many more years.  It's a state of mind - think of all the good things in your life, all your blessings, and focus on them.  My doggies are my blessings. 

Respected Contributor

wishing you a very happy birthday and many more!

hugs!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@doxie1 wrote:

Go to the store and get a bouquet of flowers. Divide it in half. Give half to your mom and half are for you. Your feelings are normal. You need to find an outlet for releasing your emotions. It could be going out with a friend, watching a movie or finding a hobby.

I started cooking for the college age church group. I prepare one meal a month usually. They sometimes call and plead for more. It gives me a connection to others with me able to do something that I do well.

Start by telling yourself that once a week you are going to do something for you and make yourself do it.

Take a bubble bath with candles

Go to a play

It helps at the beginning if you leave the house so that you will commit to it.

You do realize that you have given you mother the greatest gift with your care for all these years. Don't you think she would want you to do something just for you?

I still say to do something out of the ordinary. Whitewater rafting or riding a horse on the beach at dawn

If you dance nekid in the yard don't do it by poison ivey.

doxie

@doxie1@angel8

Happy Birthday Angel8.  As doxie said your feelings are shared by many and very normal.  Some times life can get a little overwhelming and we get  down in the dumps.

I would take her suggestion one step further.  Buy the flowers and while you're at it a couple of cupcakes and candles and go see your Mom and have a mini birthday party.  Make it a special day for you and her.  

Honored Contributor

@angel8, Wishing you a good Birthday. I know what you are going through presently, and I hope you can find a small ray of happiness in these times. Do something nice for you today if you can. If nothing else, when you get home, put your feet up and relax for a bit. In time things will be different, for now, keep doing what you can. Give yourself a big hug from us.

Honored Contributor

Happy Birthday @angel8 I painted this for my mom a few years ago. 

image.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@angel8, I want to wish you a happy birthday and say that you are truly a good person. Please treat yourself, it can be something simple like a cupcake, small bouquet of fresh flowers, a book or movie. You so deserve it.