Respected Contributor

Re: Wish I Could Be Happy On My Birthday Today

@angel8...I'm sorry you are feeling down today, but just want to wish you Happy Birthday anyway. God bless you for taking such good care of your mother. I have a big milestone birthday coming up and I find it to be very scary. You are still young, so try to find some way to celebrate this day by doing something for yourself that makes you happy. Take care.

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

HcTQnzJ.gif (480×211)

Happy Birthday!   (Heart: weenie dogs.This made me lol)

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday angel8 ! <3

Valued Contributor

Dear Angel 8,

You are doing all you can for your mom, so you will have no regrets.  That in itself is a blessing.  Everyday do something just for you.  A  long bath, great dinner, dessert, anything that will make you happy.  Let your friends and family help you deserves to be happy.  50 is young......................I am 73,  you can let the light into your life.

Please keep in touch........................

Honored Contributor

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

anne lamott quote

HAPPBIRTHDAY !!!!
Respected Contributor

Go to the store and get a bouquet of flowers. Divide it in half. Give half to your mom and half are for you. Your feelings are normal. You need to find an outlet for releasing your emotions. It could be going out with a friend, watching a movie or finding a hobby.

I started cooking for the college age church group. I prepare one meal a month usually. They sometimes call and plead for more. It gives me a connection to others with me able to do something that I do well.

Start by telling yourself that once a week you are going to do something for you and make yourself do it.

Take a bubble bath with candles

Go to a play

It helps at the beginning if you leave the house so that you will commit to it.

You do realize that you have given you mother the greatest gift with your care for all these years. Don't you think she would want you to do something just for you?

I still say to do something out of the ordinary. Whitewater rafting or riding a horse on the beach at dawn

If you dance nekid in the yard don't do it by poison ivey.

doxie

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Birthday.  I am not sure, however, that a thousand happy wishes will bring happiness for you.  

We each must find happiness within our place in life.  

Do you ever see people with infirmities who seem to wear less-than-designer clothing, who never take luxury vacations, whose children are not on the honor roll nor are they the star athletes.  These people have found happiness where God placed them.  Be happy where you are planted.  

Nothing remains static.  Things change for better and for worse.  Be willing to accept your place in life and try making other people's lives happy.  That is where you will find the real happiness by loving others and seeing their smiles.  If not, you are determined to be unhappy.  You must find happiness where you are planted by doing for others and being happy about it.

Pleasure-seeking is a barren business; happiness is never found till we have the grace to stop looking for it and to give our attention to persons and matters external to ourselves.   ~J. I. Packer

Respected Contributor

@missy1

a weenie disk jockey

that is funny!

doxie