Honored Contributor

Re: Wish I Could Be Happy On My Birthday Today

@angel8: Happy Birthday. You are dealing with a difficult time. Please talk with the nurses or others at you mother's facility and ask about support group or anyone to help you. Maybe they have a Caregivers group  and resources available for you to have at least one day a week to rest and recover. I have travelled the same road. My thoughts and prayers are with you, SouthernBee

Esteemed Contributor

@angel8, except for a difference in age and today not being my birthday I could have written the rest of your post.

Wishing you the happiest birthday possible.  I hope you can find some comfort in this quote:

"One day someone is going to hug you so tight all of your broken pieces fit back together.”
-- Unknown

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Honored Contributor

The day is early, call a friend and go out to dinner tonight.  

Joining a support group is also a good idea.  They can help you work through things.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

❤️To @angel8,

"This is my wish for you:   

Comfort on difficult days,

smiles when sadness intrudes,

rainbows to follow the clouds,

laughter to kiss your lips,

sunsets to warm your heart,

hugs when spirits sag,

beauty for your eyes to see,

friendships to brighten your being,

faith so that you can believe,

confidence for when you doubt,

courage to know yourself,

patience to accept the truth,

love to complete your life.”

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

your astonishing light...

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

Wishing you a Happy Birthday!  Bless you for what you are going through and yes, a lot of us have and will.  You may feel alone, but you're not.  We are here to "party" with you whenever you need it.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

Happy Birthday Angel!!!!!!

You are only 52, it is very young still, I am 54 and also sometimes feel like you, blue....

And my mom is getting very weak too. 

I know it is sad to watch.

But this IS your life, God wants you to enjoy it! It is your birthday, go treat your self with a manicure, pedicure, maybe a massage,it works for me always.

treat yourself with a new lipstick, something delicious ,bring it home,open a nice bottle of wine and enjoy. 

It says respect your parents, but love thyself.  You are is your universe, try to pamper yourself at least today.

and remember, many people have much worse then you are and many people out there who wish you the best on your birthday and  I am sending you my hug and love.💐🌹🌷🌼🌺🌻🍷🍾💝💝💝💅🏻😘😘😘

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Can you think of all the things you have to be grateful for and/or proud of?  Maybe you could list them here.  I'll start your list for you: You should be very proud of your steadfastness in caring for your mother all these years.  You truly have made a big difference in her life.  I'm sure many people have admired you for this over the years.  Make the longest list you can.

Happy Birthday!

Honored Contributor

I'm going to wish you Happy Birthday anyway. @angel8.  A birthday is a blessing no matter what the circumstances.  It means another day to find happiness.  Find some joy even in the circumstances that you have.  Be thankful for the time you still have with your mother.  Sounds like you are a very good daughter, find happiness in that.  Not all daughters are.

You're still relatively young so starting today count it all as joy.  I'm not saying that all days wil be the best but wake feeling that today is the best day of the rest of your life.  Go day by day, that's what I try to do.

Go out and do something for yourself that you normally would consider selfish.  There's a saying that goes through my head a lot and I don't know where it comes from...."Make it a great day or not.  The choice is yours."

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Esteemed Contributor

@angel8

Happy

Birthday!

😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

Respected Contributor

Happy Coming to Earth Day!

Every voyage has its ups and downs. I sometimes think the downs have made me more appreciative of the ups., I can so relate to your post.

Today is YOUR day. Do something wild and crazy. Dance nekid in the yard or waterpaint with your mom. The pictures may look questionable but you will always have the memory of doing them together. I do not suggest that your mom dances nekid in the yard unless it is her birthday too.

Find some time for you to do whatever you want to do.

As caregivers we tend to burn out from not caring for ourselves.

It was not a good idea when we put bubbles in the hottub so I would not do that again but I do have that memory of doing something so out of the ordinary.

doxie