Regular Contributor

Wish I Could Be Happy On My Birthday Today

Hello Everyone! I turn the whopping 52 today, but struggle to be happy. The weather makes it impossible to do anything and I suppose watching my mother's health fail is dragging down my spirits. I've been caring for her for 20 years since my dad died and the last few years she has been in a facility. I spend a lot of time there to make sure her care is the best. I feel like I will be an orphan soon. As most women I give before I think about myself. I love her dearly and it's painful watching her decline. 

If you lovely people could send some kind words, it would truly make my day! Blessing to all!!! 

Respected Contributor

Re: Wish I Could Be Happy On My Birthday Today

@angel8 wrote:

Hello Everyone! I turn the whopping 52 today, but struggle to be happy. The weather makes it impossible to do anything and I suppose watching my mother's health fail is dragging down my spirits. I've been caring for her for 20 years since my dad died and the last few years she has been in a facility. I spend a lot of time there to make sure her care is the best. I feel like I will be an orphan soon. As most women I give before I think about myself. I love her dearly and it's painful watching her decline. 

If you lovely people could send some kind words, it would truly make my day! Blessing to all!!! 

Happy Birthday to you!  I am saddened to hear how you feel. I also lost my father a few years back and now am dealing with my mom and her second husband who's health is failing.

I think it is important to do something for yourself. After all, you cannot be at your best if you do not think of yourself from time to time. You must have had very caring parents for your to  be so caring yourself. In that light, I have a strong feeling that your mom would want you to do  something that would brighten up your spirits.

The day is still young and so are you! Go out and do something for yourself.

Happy, Happy Birthday.

PS  I turned 60, 2 months ago....and I am still in shock!

Respected Contributor

I do wish you a 'happy' birthday.   Happiness is a choice we make for ourselves.  It is not  constant laughter, ongoing fun, no stress.  It is a feeling of contentment and peace, of knowing you have done your best whatever you are facing,  of following the Golden Rule.

We all face stress, but it is how we handle that stress that makes us cave or find contentment.   It is being grateful for the good things in our life.  I hope you will find that peace in your life.  Perhaps this birthday will be the start of a great year for you.

Esteemed Contributor

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

I'm so sorry that you feel so sad and overwhelmed on your birthday.

Try to focus on the good things in your life today, your Mom (and Dad) would want you to!

Smiley party 078.gif
You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

@angel8

Flowers for you on your Birthday.

May you find yourself Amidst the grace of GodI wish for all your dreams and desires to come true..

flowers6.jpg

Valued Contributor

Your post brought tears to my eyes..so sorry you're sad. Saying a prayer that joy will flood your heart today and the days ahead. God Bless!

Honored Contributor

A Happy Birthday dance, just to make you smile!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

You sound like a very good daughter.  I wish you an enjoyable birthday.  The weather will always be just the weather. 

We are looking our for the FIL who is making his way into the next life.  It's not easy but it is what it is.  Makes me so much more appreciative of so many things in life. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Frequent Contributor

((((angel8)))  Happy Birthday!!   I only have a suggestion for your day.  Just take a hot soothing bath; read a book; do something for yourself no matter how little you may think it is.  It will make a difference.  You need to do something to mark you day.  It will may make you feel better

I am sorry to hear about your mom and I am sending healing prayers to both her and yourself.  I know when my mom was sick and it was my birthday she apologized to me because she thought she wasa burden in my life; something no mom should ever feel.  That day I make sure I did something for my self ( a long hot bath with candles; music and a romance novel) and then went to tell her all about it that evening.  She no longer felt a burden to me;  but a mom sharing in her daughter's birthday.  It helped both of us.