Honored Contributor

Winding down now and it's about time to start prepping the left-overs

I'm still very happy with the wonderful day I had with family yesterday. Those that are left of us.

We'll be doing like a lot of others and having leftovers tonight. But we love this meal.

I have the 5th season of Downton Abbey on and it just feels very right. We're getting closer to the final round for them and I'll miss them too. But I can rerun this group of films and I'm so glad for that.

Respected Contributor

Re: Winding down now and it's about time to start prepping the left-overs

I love Thanksgiving leftovers and can eat them till the cows come home! Last year, I swear, I ate them five days in a row. It's just my hubby and me, and I cook a ton of food, so we have to embrace the leftovers. Ha! 

And just on Wednesday I received seasons 1-5 of Downton Abbey. I'm really looking forward to watching them at my leisure. I actually didn't get into this series till around season 3. I will truly miss the show when it is over.

Happy leftover eatin to you! 

Honored Contributor

We are having leftovers but they are leftover pork and kraut from Wed. We went to a restaurant for out turkey dinner yesterday - it was marvelous to get to eat without preping all day and not having to clean up afterwards. We had the whole deal too: turkey - white or dark or both - your choice, garlic mashed potatoes, stuffing, glazed carrots, yams,lemony green beans that were fabulous, extra gravy served in a small pitcher with the meal, and seconds if anyone wanted them, however we were stuffed from the first plateful. the first course was a salad that was greens dried cranberry,walnuts and a honey balsamic vinegrette and was served with a relish tray of various pickled veggies. We brought our dessert home with us because we were too full to eat it.

Honored Contributor

LOL my daughter had leftovers this morning for breakfast. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Somehow the Thanksgiving leftovers seem to be more tasty the next day. 

I am now putting together some gifts for the upcoming holidays with ribbon, tissue and wrap and cards.  I plan to get it all done by this weekend. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have put away the leftovers in freezer bags to enjoy in the next few weeks.  I have soup, turkey, gravy and stuffing, but I don't like leftovers and prefer to put them away as TV dinners for when I am tired and don't want to cook after work.

It was a wonderful day.  And I did have a primo turkey sandwich for lunch. 

But then my amber alert against leftovers went on, so I got things frozen.   When I was a student, I would live on the same dish for a week to save money--and ever since, I usually can't do leftovers.