Honored Contributor

Re: Why so many easy pays lately? Your Thoughts!

Coffee - that's the beauty of it.   Although a given item does offer ezpay, one does not have to choose it.   Along the way, during checkout, there is a page that asks you if you want the ezpay or choose to pay in one charge.    That is always an option.  So, it's never forced.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Poor sales, noticed other retailers doing the same as far as flash sales (not easy pay). I only use easy pay on select items so that is not a selling come on for me.
Respected Contributor

I happen to love their new approach.  I am a big girl now & I certainly understand the pleasure & parameters I get spending my hard earned money; getting the opportunity to spread it out interest free??  I am disciplined & loving my QVC purchases & have for many years on easy pay.  To each their own.  

Respected Contributor

The company was sold. Just ways to make more money.

Respected Contributor

To make you owe your cc or charge card provider even more $, that's why.

If you can afford it, then it would be more cost effective to pay it all off every month in full, and be done with it.

Keeps more $ in your bank account, with no additional interest charges owed to these companies, because the interest and fees just keep escalating, with no end in sight.

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@culebra wrote:

I am glad that QVC is offering more EZ pays.  I hope they continue.   If you can afford the monthly payments, it is like getting interest free money for a limited amount of time.

No it's not.  You're still paying finance charges on your credit card.

Not if you pay it off each month.  Smiley Happy

But most people don't.  Besides, if you buy multiple items in a month those easy pays can end up in the hundreds.

Hey LT!  Oh, I know but I figure that those who are figuring they are getting interest-free payments are learned enough about their finances that they ARE paying that given credit card off each month.  

OTOH, I'm pretty sure there are others who use it so they can buy much more stuff that they cannot afford, and can feel better about stretching out the charges.   In those cases, and while it's not for me to dictate how others spend their money, it's pretty ineffective money management.

Hi CB!  I live on a fixed income (SS) so I use EP.  I have one CC that I use only for the Q (not the Q card and their unbelievable finance charges).  I have several other CCs that I use infrequently for other website purchases like Amazon.  I am housebound for the most part, so the Q and other internet sites are my only methods of shopping.  I would say I spend less than most folks who shop at the BB stores every weekend.  Of my five CCs, I keep three to zero balances.  The one for the Q is the only one that I run a balance on.

I often wonder how many posters pay off their entire CC balance each month on every card.  They never pay finance charges then, so they would not be using EP, I assume.  There would be no point. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Shell garden - I hope you didn't take offense to what I said.  I didn't mean it in an insulting manner.

It just caught me as this kind of humorous irony, since there were many months when I saw more threads/complaints that I could count very specifically about 'why don't they do more ezpay like hsn does'.

It was nothing personal pointed at you.   

ETA - I just noticed your start date here, assuming this is your first ID on this board, so you weren't here for all that time when the biggest complaint seemed to be about not enough ezpays.  That could totally explain why you might not have caught the exact meaning of my post.  Smiley Happy

No offense taken, chickenbutt!  OMG, I love your nickname, lol!  I try not to take things personal here and give posters respect and benefit of doubt.  After all, it is a forum and nothing like talking to each other face to face, so it is all good!  

Well, as of yesterday, I see they are offering 5 easy pay on everything using your Q- card until the 22 of April!  That was only my point and curiosity of why so many lately.  And great responses here.  I love reading everyone's opinion.   I have hidden my Q- CARD out of sight of ordering, LOL, ROTF!  😋 😝 😜

Honored Contributor

Thanks, Shell garden!  Heart

Sometimes my sense of humor is a bit warped and it's pretty easy to take me wrong.  That was what I fear had happened here.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

Thanks, Shell garden!  Heart

Sometimes my sense of humor is a bit warped and it's pretty easy to take me wrong.  That was what I fear had happened here.  Smiley Happy

I have always loved it and it reminds me from that scene in Fried Green Tomatoes when Cicely Tyson's character says he "he eats eggs and they shoot right out of a chicken's xss"  I laugh every time I hear her say that line.  You have a great sense of humor Chickenbutt and I for one could not and do not want to go a day without some sort of chicken product!!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Trusted Contributor

Of course its for all of us to buy.I will admit sometime I will fall for it,othertimes I pay the first price.