Trusted Contributor

Why is everything a battle to get done?

I have had a FedEx account for probably 30 years, I've had to change the address twice but just now I needed to change my email address. OMGosh, it took 3 phone calls and nearly 30 minutes and it is still not done. Took 2 transfers to get a worker in the US. Dear heaven, finally she asked if I really had to make the change, I said, "Only if you all want paid." They are working on it.

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

Re: Why is everything a battle to get done?

@We rescue cats .................I understand completely.  Getting the natural gas and the electric changed into my name after my brother passed away is a real chore, even though I have been paying the utility bills for more than 20 years and he has been decreased for 3 years.  You would think I ask for the combination to the gold safe at Fort Knox!

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tell me about it. I think it's due to multiple issues, not just 1 or 2.

"Coming to ya from Florida"
Respected Contributor

I fear it will only get worse as security breaches increase.

Respected Contributor

About a year and a half ago, I changed my email account from aol/Verizon to another company.  Some I did on line but some sites just wouldn't accept the change.

Went to customer service and we worked together to make the needed change.  Almost one-third required further follow up on my part: either the change wasn't correct or they did not follow through to make the change to be used by the rest of their departments...the worst case was with my health insurer !

The absolute worst change of a password occurred recently with Coldwater Creek....finally closed the account.

And they wonder why I won't do more stuff online.  Heaven forbid the internet is down from attacks...what would happen ?  Too, when folks age and memory becomes impaired...what then ?

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie   One of the reasons I've lived at my address for 24 years is the THOUGHT of having to change it and the clerical work that would entail, to say nothing of the success rate trying to accomplish it in one try!  It seems like it would be like a "career."

Esteemed Contributor

My husband and I run a small business.  

EVERYTHING is more difficult these days.  Of course prices have gone up,  This is not even about that.

Getting what we ordered, packaged well, delivered when it is supposed to be, invoiced correctly, then given the correct credits for returned products, in a timely manner, is a huge challenge.  Some companies we deal with are doing okay.  Others are a huge PITA.

Everything seems so much harder now, and no one seems to care enough to fix their issues.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Trusted Contributor

@Puppy Lips I think you hit the nail on the head with "no one seems to care enough to fix their issues." And I really think a big part of that is the outsourcing. The reps are not employees, they know they are probably never going to speak to that caller again, and frankly, they just don't care. 

Critter Lover! (especially cats!)
Honored Contributor

In April I agreed to a home wellness visit sponsored by my insurance company. I have a letter promising me a $150 gift card for participating. Well, I'm still making phone calls to get that money.

Valued Contributor

I was planning to spend yesterday afternoon out in my garden. As things turned out I spent the entire afternoon on phone trees and on account web sites with the phone company, bank, and credit card company. It was one thing after another.  

I'm afraid getting accounts straightened out will only get harder as more customer service is outsourced, employees aren't trained and are indifferent to customer problems, and computer systems grow evermore complex and IT problems are never fixed. 

When I moved my elderly mom to our city it took me over a year to get her address with Social Security and Medicare changed. Argghhh!