Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why is Shawn dressed like this when it's winter??

@Krimpette wrote:

If the studio lights are so hot, how can the men stand to come in fully dressed, typicall in suits, long-sleeved shirts, or long pants, etc.  i never seem to see a male host who dresses "for summer" because of the studio lights.  And that's not only QVC, but news anchors also.

Hormonal Differential!...It's not unusual for me to go around in short-sleeved tee tops during Winter months...My husband likes to take claim that it is because he's "shmexy"!...LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

Let's see if David does his cooking show tomorrow..wearing a tank top with his apron over it!  After all..he's under the hot studio lights too, and there is all the additional heat generated from all the cooking appliances.  

I think David should be cool and comfortable!

@september    No speedos please! TMI! 

Honored Contributor

She seems to be very proud of her body and appearance.

Honored Contributor

@MyShadowLove wrote:

@Krimpette wrote:

If the studio lights are so hot, how can the men stand to come in fully dressed, typicall in suits, long-sleeved shirts, or long pants, etc.  i never seem to see a male host who dresses "for summer" because of the studio lights.  And that's not only QVC, but news anchors also.

Hormonal Differential!...It's not unusual for me to go around in short-sleeved tee tops during Winter months...My husband likes to take claim that it is because he's "shmexy"!...LOL

LOL!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Women on TV often wear sleeveless because it's more slimming. That's why anchors do it all year long. There isn't as great an "expanse" of material across their bodies...same reason why many of the models push up their long sleeves and create a 3/4 sleeve look.

If she didn't, people would complain that she was looking fat!

Esteemed Contributor

the weather's not the same around the country. It's going to be in the 80s here today.

Valued Contributor

I live in New York and today it's in the 30s, probably not much different than PA where QVC is.  If I go into a department store, they are selling spring clothes and even bathing suits.  But if I walk into Macy's or another store, the sales reps aren't wearing summer clothes!!  I'm sure even in places like Florida, if you go into a store, the sales reps would be wearing pants and a shirt with sleeves, not a dress that looks like a beach coverup!  

The bottom line is that dressing in a no sleeve short dress on TV is not appropriate.  Carolyn was on earlier in the morning selling spring accessories, and she had on a nice flowery top and pink sweater.  That was appropriate for what she was selling.  But I guess if QVC doesn't say anything or give hosts guidelines about how to dress, they will just wear whatever they want.  

Regular Contributor

Does it really matter?  My question is why does this bother everyone so much?  Are we not adults here? Do we not have the freedom to wear what we want? If this is the biggest woe in your life right now, consider yourself lucky!  There is no purpose in this thread.  Frankly I think you're all jealous of Shawn.

Respected Contributor

Love Shawn.....thought she looked ridiciulous last night to the point of distraction from the product.

Her choice.

My opinion.

"People with closed hearts will always feel as though they are at war with the world." ~My friend Nancy