Honored Contributor

Re: Why is Shawn dressed like this when it's winter??

@Daisy wrote:

It's only 36 degrees there now. The high was 40. Yes, I'd say it's a tad too cold for a sundress.

Well, It's in the upper 70's here and I say it's perfect for a sundress!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Maybe because she was told to wear summer-like clothing. WHo knows.. who cares.

Honored Contributor

I think it's quite cold in Philly.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Frequent Contributor

I do not think the hair and dress are that nice.. but maybe it's needed? ..But, a cardigan over the dress would be better.. With some flats .. Shawn prefers bolder makeup. I think I would be shocked it she did not have that smokey eye..But, I think she would be prettier/ more feminine with a lighter look..It is just not her style or personality..

to each his/her own..She does not look bad ..just different..in an eclectic way ..Like Lori Goldstein..and I would never dress like she does..But, she likes it. that's their choice.. Peace.

Respected Contributor

because it's retail and the spring/summer lines are out now....................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

If the studio lights are so hot, how can the men stand to come in fully dressed, typicall in suits, long-sleeved shirts, or long pants, etc.  i never seem to see a male host who dresses "for summer" because of the studio lights.  And that's not only QVC, but news anchors also.

QVC Customer Care

Super Contributor

I wonder the same thing about Michelle Obama when she wears sleeveless dresses in the dead of winter. Crazy!

Honored Contributor

Shawn wants to use the power of suggestion. She is wearing a pretty Spring dress so we will all "think" Spring and be inspired to shop for Spring accessories.

She looked pretty tonight.....

Valued Contributor

The Q is a giant international retailer so whatever a host wears on air is purposeful and meant to help sell. That's all - sell, sell, sell. If I do not like something, I can be sure that many many thousands of others either liked it or were neutral. There is something for everyone there but nothing will please everyone. 

just change the channel or go outside. Sheesh.