Honored Contributor

Re: Why do people put such importance on actors and actresses?

I get really turned off when famous people get political...

Respected Contributor

@brii wrote:

I get really turned off when famous people get political...

Amen to that.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I never go to the movies or watch much tv so I really don't know who these actors are unless they make the news.I wouldn't recognize them if they sat next to me in a restaurant.

Respected Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

@debic wrote:

@151949 wrote:

I actually know people who will not watch a particular TV show or go to a certain movie because of the politics of one of the stars doesn't agree with their's.

LOL, I have no doubt of that.  I know people who spend so much time dvr-ing shows I don't think they ever watch a show when it's on.   People are amazed we don't have that feature.   

Except they aren't actually spending any time DVRing, the machine is. I can guarentee they spend less time setting up season passes than anyone spends watching just the commercials of any live tv program. And yep I'm amazed that people want to still be a slave to network air times and commercials, but to each their own. 

LOL, well they're spending time watching something they recorded a week ago.   If I miss a show oh well, I don't even know when most of my shows are on.  If I see them on I'll watch.   Commercials are for leaving and getting stuff, using the restroom etc.   I have friends who pause the tv every time someone gets up and leaves the room.  Now that's annoying and what I call being a slave. Give me commercials any day.  It's all prospective.

smiley

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

Suppose they have to have someone to look up too, that's pretty darn sad, if I say so myself.

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Few actors and actresses are truely special or gifted.   Most have addictions, money problems and issues with their fame.   Just like us regular folk, they have family problems and high rate of  divorce, and health problems. Without 10 hours of preparation for the red carpet, they look like plain everyday folks. They have weight problems, and no privacy.  Some are thieves and criminals. And do time in jail. The only difference is that when they come out of jail they have a new $90,000 car waiting for them.

Esteemed Contributor

It's the 'dumbing down of America"........

Honored Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

It's the 'dumbing down of America"........

I think this fascination has been ongoing since the beginning of movies 100 years ago.

Honored Contributor

I didn't know they were important, I thought they were just entertainers.

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I didn't know they were important, I thought they were just entertainers.

They are just entertainers and one got to be President.