Honored Contributor

Why do people put such importance on actors and actresses?

Every time they burp it seems to make a headline and gets all over the internet. WHO CARES? And why would anyone care? They aren't at all important. They are not necessarily intelligent. Yes, most are very attractive but  that should only impress very shallow people. And so many people are impressed by some movie star's political opinion - again - who cares. Why would you trust them to sway you who to vote for?They don't know anything more than you do. I do not understand why some people are so fascinated by them and every little detail of their lives.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why do people put such importance on actors and actresses?

A better question would be why anyone cares whether people place such importance on actors. Live and let live and what floats your boat may seem just as unimportant to someone else.

Honored Contributor

I don't know why, but we live in a country where PEOPLE is the biggest selling magazine left on the shelves and reality TV passes for intelligent life.

I do think there are some in the celbrity world who have opinions backed by information - those I at least listen to sometimes, but just because you have a name and show up on TV talking or singing or acting - no, I don't care about your political leanings.

Respected Contributor

LOL, people are easily amused?  

No different than the outrage of what QVC hosts are wearing, their speech, or anything else that sends posters in a tizzy.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Honored Contributor

I actually know people who will not watch a particular TV show or go to a certain movie because of the politics of one of the stars doesn't agree with their's.

Respected Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I actually know people who will not watch a particular TV show or go to a certain movie because of the politics of one of the stars doesn't agree with their's.

LOL, I have no doubt of that.  I know people who spend so much time dvr-ing shows I don't think they ever watch a show when it's on.   People are amazed we don't have that feature.   

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*
Trusted Contributor

I don't know the answer to the OP's question.  However, I do know that I am NOT one of those people.  I pretty much have zero interest in anything or anyone "celebrity."  I've certainly never thought of any of them as "important."

Respected Contributor

I think it's the media that puts such importance on actors and actresses.  Especially around election time.  I start to watch fewer talk shows around this time in the election cycle, because they're always pushing their candidates on whatever shows they appear on.

The media is constantly publishing every little thing an actor or actress says, so I just ignore it 99% of the time.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

@debic wrote:

@151949 wrote:

LOL, I have no doubt of that.  I know people who spend so much time dvr-ing shows I don't think they ever watch a show when it's on.   People are amazed we don't have that feature.   

Except they aren't actually spending any time DVRing, the machine is. I can guarentee they spend less time setting up season passes than anyone spends watching just the commercials of any live tv program. And yep I'm amazed that people want to still be a slave to network air times and commercials, but to each their own. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval