Trusted Contributor

Why did Speaker Boehner resign?

It seems to have come out of the blue.  I just turned on the tv now and found out.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why did Speaker Boehner resign?

He seemed rather emotional during the Pope's speech.  Maybe he's just tired and needs a rest.  Can't blame him, especially in today's very complicated world.  Not a profession that I'd ever want to pursue.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

According to Fox he is supposed to speak about it soon.  I guess we'll know more then. 

Respected Contributor

don't know his reason, but I think the man just got tired of getting no where with all friction he had to deal with. I wish him well in the days to come.

Honored Contributor

@newjersey wrote:

It seems to have come out of the blue.  I just turned on the tv now and found out.

I don't blame him one bit.  I could see the emotion he experienced when the Pope was in Washington, DC addressing Congress.  I am not going to get political, but he has been put through the ringer by his own party.  We tend to forget these people are human beings with real feelings and I think he is just sick of it.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@newjersey, he's supposed to make an announcement about it at 1:00.  It will be on CNN.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

It wasn't easy got him.  Some say his job was likened to "herding cats."

Respected Contributor

I just now heard on the radio that he will address the press soon.  Probably best to wait for his public announcement than to speculate here.

Respected Contributor

@LilacTree wrote:

@newjersey wrote:

I don't blame him one bit.  I could see the emotion he experienced when the Pope was in Washington, DC addressing Congress.  I am not going to get political, but he has been put through the ringer by his own party.  We tend to forget these people are human beings with real feelings and I think he is just sick of it.

The emotion could have been from knowing that would be the last time he would sit in that chair. I did notice it also.

Valued Contributor