Esteemed Contributor

Why am I seeing so little change in posts???

I have browsed several times over the past few days and all the posts seem like ones I've seen days ago? What's up with that? And they always seem to be on Page 1.

I am usually one to stick it out but I am really not liking this new set up. The pages jump all over the place, the pages contain far fewer posts than before and they never seem to change. Am I missing something? TIA. LM
Honored Contributor

Re: Why am I seeing so little change in posts???

I think a lot of posters are waiting to see the final product and to feel comfortable with the new BB.  I am struggling, although each day I get better and the BB gets better.  So I think eventually we'll get there, and the posters will come back.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Valued Contributor

The think I have noticed is there are so many old posts up to a year and older showing up.  I don't know if this is the new setup or if some smart alec is pulling them from way back when, but I wish it would stop.  

What do you all think???

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for your reply LilacTree. The functions on this board are really awful. Not user friendly at all. I was assuming, perhaps correctly, that the reasons the same subjects are showing is because there are so few posts since the changed were implemented.

That's a sad commentary isn't it? We went from a lively, participatory group of forums to one where people don't even want to post because it is so awkward. I'm not sure I could find a post after I made one.

My favs are Entertainment, Viewpoints, Among Friends, In the Garden and Home. So sad to see the forums go down hill so much.
Esteemed Contributor

Cookie, there seems no logic as to what is displayed to me...
Honored Contributor

Many of the old posters went to another board. I haven't been but I can't say I blame them.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've checked in here a number of times since "the change".......but I've mostly read and commented on how frustrating and poorly designed the new boards seem to be.  Discussion topics seem randomly arranged and hard to follow.  It's hard to discern what specific topic posts belong under or what specific post someone is referring to.......and some entries are very old, with dates unclear.  Very hard to follow or understand.  Subforums are gone, and those were a primary way of checking in on discussions on specific brands and shows.  Meh.

Not nearly as easy, as interesting, or as much fun as "the old way".  Very disappointing, and I gather many posters are finding the same to be true.......and hence posting much less. 

Esteemed Contributor

Everyone please see my post about "View All Forum Topics" in The Suggestion Box. I was asking about this very thing. Read the thread and please support it, if you want this fixed.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Respected Contributor

I've been seeing lots of activity so maybe it's all in
how the threads are sorted or maybe people getting
used to which forums to click on to read.

I was lost here at first but now they're listening
and making some changes so I'm liking the new setup more.

😄

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

Better, I did as you suggested. Hope it helps. Matter I made the change I went to look for this post and couldn't find it. Had to click on my name to bring it up. Hopefully the new setting is an improvement. Mi had gone to See All Forum Topics on entering but hadn't done the drop down menu change.

Now, if I could only figure out why all the photos I am trying to load load sideways. I am on iPad.

Thanks !