Respected Contributor

Re: Who remembers Hickory Farms and walking thru their stores?

I loved their cheese logs! They used to set up shop in the malls near us but the past year or so, I haven't seen them. I think they must have on line shopping now??

Super Contributor

HF sets up kiosk at various malls during the Christmas holiday so I go and load up!
Respected Contributor

I still buy HF smoked cheddar and their beef stick. I use them every time I serve cheese, crackers, and fruit. Everyone loves their smoked cheddar, so it's become a staple in my house.

A few grocery stores in my area carry one or two HF products, but not the whole line. They have kiosks in the mall at Christmas time, so I make sure to visit during the holiday season. I do remember when they had stores. I also loved to wander around there.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Honored Contributor

On 3/25/2015 SoftRaindrops said:

I loved their cheese logs! They used to set up shop in the malls near us but the past year or so, I haven't seen them. I think they must have on line shopping now??

I worked at a Hickory Farms store for about a year when I was in high-school. I used to make the cheese logs and balls by hand from 40-pound blocks of cheese food and trays of pecans. It was a pleasant experience, and I only left for a better-paying job.

Respected Contributor

On 3/25/2015 deepwaterdotter said:

I worked at a Hickory Farms store for about a year when I was in high-school. I used to make the cheese logs and balls by hand from 40-pound blocks of cheese food and trays of pecans. It was a pleasant experience, and I only left for a better-paying job.

So they really are made by hand!! I bet that was a fun experience. Smile

Trusted Contributor

On 3/25/2015 deepwaterdotter said:

mmmm sounds good

Trusted Contributor

On 3/25/2015 Deb1010again said:
On 3/25/2015 blahblahvampemerblah said: I was at the Mall of Georgia the other day, and I realized that there's nothing left of the mall experience I enjoy. The stores I liked are long gone, and Nordstrom has closed in this location. Mall mgt. seemed to be happy to be rid of them, too. I do miss HF's creamy cheeses. Sigh.

I live out west of Atlanta and I haven't been to the Mall of Georgia in over a year but I do love it. Sad that Nordstroms is gone. I'm assuming the "Nordstrom Rack" outlet is closed in the nearby strip mall too. Do you know?

Last I heard, the final decision hasn't been made by corporate so it's still open.
Read it! New England Journal of Medicine—May 21, 2020
Universal Masking in Hospitals in the Covid-19 Era

“We know that wearing a mask outside health care facilities offers little, if any, protection from infection.
Honored Contributor

I do!!!!! And also tasting all of the good samples!!!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I do also!!! Wonderful memdories.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I remember holding my breath as the whole store smelled like summer sausage.