Honored Contributor

Re: Who is your trusted network for news?

@Burnsite wrote:

National Public Radio.

I agree, and I watch msnbc.

Super Contributor

NBC and FOX
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

When it comes to breaking news I gather information from all of them, as well as livestreams from TV stations in the area of the breaking news.

I do tend to give the most weight to breaking news reporting on Fox when Shep Smith is in charge.  IMO he is the Joe Friday of breaking news as much as humanly possible.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Trusted Contributor

newsmax,and fox news they also check there facts and try to be fair.

Esteemed Contributor

Anything  but FOX. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@terrier3 wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

I don't fully trust any of the networks or the cable news channels.  The bias, when present (which is most of the time) is pretty obvious, so I factor that in to what they're "reporting."  It's too bad journalism has come to this.  I like the Drudge Report because he's very thorough and will go after anyone who needs to be exposed.  Matt Drudge has no sacred cows.

Drudge isn't a news source. He doesn't have reporters or a news organization.

They compile information from many other sites and put their own "spin"in the headlines.

Drudge is a news aggregator, @terrier3, and one of the most influential players on the web.  I guarantee I know a great deal more about these things than you do.  Drudge can take an obscure story and make millions of people aware of it.  He's a genius in terms of his headlines and the composition of his site.  He combs through sources worldwide and brings us all kinds of foreign reporting and reporting on tech issues, among other things.  Drudge educates the nation and even the world about things of the greatest importance that they would otherwise never learn about.

Respected Contributor

I am a channel surfer. I guess take it all in, I do enjoy Shepard Smith.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

@Ms X wrote:

@terrier3 wrote:

@Ms X wrote:

I don't fully trust any of the networks or the cable news channels.  The bias, when present (which is most of the time) is pretty obvious, so I factor that in to what they're "reporting."  It's too bad journalism has come to this.  I like the Drudge Report because he's very thorough and will go after anyone who needs to be exposed.  Matt Drudge has no sacred cows.

Drudge isn't a news source. He doesn't have reporters or a news organization.

They compile information from many other sites and put their own "spin"in the headlines.

Drudge is a news aggregator, @terrier3, and one of the most influential players on the web.  I guarantee I know a great deal more about these things than you do.  Drudge can take an obscure story and make millions of people aware of it.  He's a genius in terms of his headlines and the composition of his site.  He combs through sources worldwide and brings us all kinds of foreign reporting and reporting on tech issues that we would never see. 

A news aggregator means that he doesn't actually "report" anything - or have any reporters. He has no way of verifying anything he publishes on his site. He compiles info from other sources and puts on interesting headlines that appeal to people like you...they get lots of clicks

I sell television news...and web based advertising too...I do think I know a "little" about what I am discussing.

In the interest of remaining civil, and in light of the serious events of the day, I'm not going to discuss with you further.

I don't want a disagreement or an argument...it's not respectful, IMO.

Esteemed Contributor

In this digital age, I love having access to several news sources.  I check about 15-20 online each day.  With my remote handy, I switch back and forth between several TV channels.

Esteemed Contributor

I watch Fox News. I like their reporting and many of the hosts.