Trusted Contributor
I haven't been watching much lately but when I get on here and read the posts it seems the active posters are buying less. The reality is that there must be a lot of people who are buying. I have not seen much lately that interests me on any channel. I shopped at Belks and their sales were great! I purchased Nautica, Clarks, Columbia and Izod for my young adult son today and spent $199, this was two pair of pants, leather shoes, two tops, leather belt, sweatshirt and dress socks. I rarely buy much here and use to watch a lot more than I do now but I am not a long time customer either. I can shop at other places and receive quality and value for much less. I was at marshals today too and saw philosophy sets for $16.99 and on the Q it would be $50....
Honored Contributor

Not me.  Nothing to do with QVC; I pretty much just quit buying everywhere I could this year. 

I used to buy new jewelry or some other accessory as well as clothing almost every week.  Totally ridiculous and now I just quit.

I'm a brick and mortar shopper (or was) and I don't even go looking now.  Not much use for all the winter fabrics and colors here in SE Florida, but that's undoubtedly what's in the stores even here. 

Esteemed Contributor

This time last year I figured out my home purchases for this year which took up about all of my discretionary $ this year. 

I did buy a couple of sweaters and a new pair of boots but thats about it.

Im not on a strict budget but Im planning my spending more carefully so I can meet some goals. Nothing is worse than looking back over the year and saying like what did I buy?

Esteemed Contributor

I ordered a Cannon Pixma printer from Office Depot. Black Friday price $29.00 free shipping.

I don't print a lot, but sometimes I really need to, and this printer will do the job just fine. It had good reviews.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Valued Contributor

I've been buying stuff but not a lot of gifts. Most of the stuff I've bought from QVC has been for myself - makeup, kitchen stuff, etc. 

Honored Contributor

I never shop during the black Friday weekend ..... all the amateur shoppers are out!      I got most of my holiday shopping done a few weeks ago.

Respected Contributor

I got started late on gift planning this year, so I have been making many purchases in the last month or so--there are some great buys out there and this year they started well before Black Friday. 

My Black Friday favorite: for my best friend from high school, who loves to gamble and play cards, on the Kate Spade "Surprise" sale I found a little leather cosmetics case designed to look like an Ace of Hearts (with the red playing-card pattern on one side and the Ace of Hearts on the other).

The Boden and Nordstrom sales online have been great, with free shipping and (if necessary) returns.  I've replenished my own wardrobe, too, which really needed doing. 

Respected Contributor

@betteb

Love your tag line !!!!!!!

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

I've learned to not rely on this forum for information about purchases on QVC.  I like to hear about bargains from other retailers, but it's not necessary to brag about not shopping at QVC.  I don't believe you anyway so you're wasting time telling me that.  QVC actually has a deal every so often, which makes them as easy to shop with as any other retailer, so to answer your question - plenty of people are buying.   

Trusted Contributor
i couldn't shop for my adult son of I wanted to on QVC, they do not offer much for clothing and shoes for men....so for me, I have to shop brick and mortar for them....are there things I would like to buy on QVC for myself or others....yes, but you pretty much have to budget for $50 an item on here.....I can't afford to spend tons of money so unless I really love it on here I don't buy that often....I have bought 13 items on the q this year....sorry you feel like I am bragging I am sharing information....there are lots of posters on here who complain about affordability and there are deals out there but you have to go out and find them....if you have an item you must have and can't bargain shop then there is the option of buying here, pay for shipping and wait to have it delivered....