Esteemed Contributor

Which host could you have a friendship with?

I've watched QVC for years and years, and there are actually a few hosts who were there back then and are still on air. Of all the hosts I've watched over the years, I have always liked and felt a connection with Leah Williams. She appears to be a genuinely kind, lovely person who manages to stay cheerful even in the most dire of times. I'll bet if we ever met, we could talk as if we knew each other for years. She's been with QVC over 20 years, and I think she looks younger and more glamorous now than ever. Love ya, Leah!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Which host could you have a friendship with?

@RainCityWoman  For me it would be David Venable and Jayne Brown. Love their humor and down to earth personalities.

Honored Contributor

Alberti.   A neighbor, friend, relative.  Would be wonderful.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I'm probably in the minority, but I really don't want to know enough about the hosts to know if they would be a friend. They are here to sell me a product, I 'm not interested in their religion, family, politics, interest in wine etc.  I especially hate when they use a death or tragedy to push the merch.  I will stay on the website for the most part and find my friends in RL. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

I think a better question would be which one of them would want to be friends with me...LOL   I'm not  fan girl type, so that's not how think of show hosts.  I always thought Antonella would fit right in with my friends.  I think I would be comfortable with and have things in common with Jayne Brown, Mary Beth,  Nancy Hornback, Pat Dementri, Carolyn Gracie.

Honored Contributor

Leah and Jayne Brown are more my speed and seem like lovely people based on what little I know about them. 

Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm probably in the minority, but I really don't want to know enough about the hosts to know if they would be a friend. They are here to sell me a product, I 'm not interested in their religion, family, politics, interest in wine etc.  I especially hate when they use a death or tragedy to push the merch.  I will stay on the website for the most part and find my friends in RL. 

Completely agree.

Honored Contributor

Because of her love for animals and sense of humor, Carolyn G. would probably be my first choice. She also seeems very “down to earth” to me. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

How can anyone know if they have never met them?  I would need to be in a situation where  I actually meet them and interact with them consistently to know if I would want a friendship with any of them.

Honored Contributor

I think we have a general idea, personality-wise, of a particular host that either matches our demeanor OR maybe someone who would be a positive, cheerful influence in our lives.  

Sometimes opposites attract, and therefore benefit ourselves.

Just speaking from my personal viewpoint.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).