Honored Contributor

Re: Where is REGIS???.....Kelly's15th anniversary show?

@ValuSkr wrote:

Yes, it is strange.  My suspicion is that he was forced off the show - though it was presented as a retirement or to "pursue other interests" - and he still has bad feelings toward the show and / or its producers.

@ValuSkr Yes. I see him pop up on other daytime shows...most recently Rachel Ray Show....he seems like he does not know what to do with himself. It is a shame that he can not just enjoy his money and retirement without needing the public admiration. I suppose when that is what you had for years, it is something you get addicted to.

Esteemed Contributor

Regis looks good with white hair, was on Rachel Ray a couple of days ago.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

Yes, it is strange.  My suspicion is that he was forced off the show - though it was presented as a retirement or to "pursue other interests" - and he still has bad feelings toward the show and / or its producers.

Good point .... or it was contract renewal time and Regis wanted an increase the show wouldn't agree to, so he was gone at the end of the contract.   I'm sure his salary was up there.

I think this is exactly what happened.  Before Regis left, he was only working 3-4 days per week.  He rarely worked on Fridays, and Kelly always had a guest host.  Even though he was working less, he still expected a hefty pay raise and when they didn't want to give it to him, he left.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
New Contributor

Regis left teh show on bad terms and I don't think he would want to be there and Kelly and he weren't 'friend's they were co-workers  BUT and this is a big ole BUT......he launched her career.  For 10 years she learned from the master how to do host chat, how to tell a story, how to work with a co-host, etc.  She didn't have to pretend they were best friends but she should have said something nice.  Makes you wonder if she is as sweet as everyone says.  And her and Michael get along but they don't hang out.  We don't really want that anyway -- I like the two different lives that occasionally may interact outside of the show.  It doesn't mean you don't get along.

Esteemed Contributor

The rumor was he never wanted Kelly. He wanted Lisa Rinna but Kelly got the ratings. He also never wanted to leave but his wife wanted him home in Calif to enjoy the grandkids. He wasn't forced out by the show. I agree Kelly carries Michael Strahan. He seems nice but is not gifted in the story telling like Kelly.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

I missed the show today.  It snowed here last night, and they pre-empted the show with local news to talk about that.  I was so disappointed.  Ten minutes is all I need to hear about the weather conditions.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

I always thought Regis was obnoxious.  He always came across as falsely modest, and loved to drop names.  Can't say I ever missed him after he left.

Kelly on the other hand, was adorable when she first started on the show, but lost her innocent charm after a few years.

I haven't seen the show much since Strahan started, but he seems like can hold his own with her.

I am not surprised Regis wasn't there; I would have been shocked if he were.

Esteemed Contributor

I,m not  kidding here,  When they were looking for KL replacement, I read LISA ROBERTSON was considered.

Honored Contributor

@qvcaddition wrote:

I,m not  kidding here,  When they were looking for KL replacement, I read LISA ROBERTSON was considered.

You're correct.

Joan Rivers knew KL was leaving and thought Lisa Robertson would be a great choice.  They even showed a shot of Lisa in the audience as Regis mentioned it.

I think Lisa would have been a perfect choice, tbh.  Much better choice than Kelly.  Kelly is too googly for me. 

And Michael Strahan,  another *Ick* factor bell rings here for me.

I see he is on GMA, too.  What for I don't know I usually fall back asleep.  Zzzzzz

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I always thought Regis was obnoxious.  He always came across as falsely modest, and loved to drop names.  Can't say I ever missed him after he left.

I could not agree more.  My husband and Regis have the same alma mater and he (my husband) has always been active in his alumni chapter. Over the years we've endured a lot events where Regis has been present.  He is one of the most obnoxious people I've encountered.