Honored Contributor

Re: When you think youve heard everything

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624

Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread....but two things that I detest are child and animal abuse!!!  Abuse of the innocent ones!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

I don't know if this is the way at all hospitals in Michigan, but I can tell you that hospitals is SE Michigan lock new mothers and babies down.  No joke. You can't get at the floors via stairwell unless you have a badge.  You also have to go through security once you hit the floor from the main elevator. I felt like a felon when I was visiting my nieces after they had their babies.

And the floors for sick children?  Forget about it.  Michigan has locked down the kids for over 30 years.  There were too many instances of bad people who hurt kids try to finish them off once they were in the hospital.

I'll tell you when I visited my nieces, I might have felt like I was a felon with a disease because they screened me and made me scrub up at a sink (like a surgeons sink with long faucet handles), but it made me feel good that security was tight.

And yes, to answer your question - it's disgusting what he did.

At Children's Hospital in Detroit where our most vulnerable and battered kids end up, somebody try that - they'll be on the wrong end of a gun.  I am not kidding.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I hope the authorities decide that that so-called "father" will never see or have anything to do with that child again...and put a restraining order on him to stay away from the mother. He belongs locked up in some prison for the mentally ill.

Unfortunately, in our world, he will probably continue to harass that family until the child is 18 years old...if he has to support the child.

A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal. ~~ Steve Maraboli
Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Imadickens wrote:

@Vivian Florimond wrote:

This is so pathetically sad. The poor child is starting life without the secure home that two parents can provide. What's more, her father may spend more of his life behind bars than on the outside, where he clearly has not shown any ability to live a good life.

If the child is lucky! Otherwise, God only knows how long a life the baby and/or mother will have if he isn't found or sent away for a very long time! We just had a sad case of a 7 week old baby killed by the punk father because, wait for it... the baby was crying! Of course, the fact that daddy didn't get his pot had nothing to do with it! Turns out, he had been abusive to mother before! Hmm, go figure!

@Imadickens

We have had those scumbags here too.... only usually the woman is at work she supports the boyfriend bum who sits around watching TV and drinks all day and he's supposed to be watching the baby......the baby starts crying because he/she is wet or hungry and the child ends up dead....the poor child....Jail is just not good enough punishment for these low-lifes that kill or harm innocent babies.........

I couldn't agree more! My grandmother used to say if a 150 pound man shook the baby, get a 300 pound man to shake him! If he lives, ok, if not, oh well!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama  I think mostly hospitals worry about newborns being kidnapped rather than beaten but nowadays it seems just about anything is possible.  I found this particular story shocking for some reason.  A hospital just seems like a safe place.  I guess it's not.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Kachina624

Sorry didn't mean to hijack your thread....but two things that I detest are child and animal abuse!!!  Abuse of the innocent ones!

@Imadickens  @Stormygirl  Actually I found this discussion very interesting.  I worked for a number of years supervising a unit that recruited kids 16-21 for the DOL's Job Corps Program and placed them in jobs upon completion.  It was interesting how some of these economically disadvantaged kids took the opportunity and made the most of it while other created such a distraction they were booted from the program,  sort of like Stormy's military experience.

I remember in particular a man who came from a family of migrant seasonal farm workers who'd had little formal education.  He got his GED and successfully completed the Job Corps program.  He showed so much promise, counselors helped him get college scholarships.  It was a struggle but he graduated.  The last I heard he was an assistant superintendent with the Houston Independent School District.  He was very generous with his time in making radio and TV appearances to help us with recruitment.

By the way, Stormy, I'm a veteran too..USAF.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I've heard of crazy and deranged people before..........

Respected Contributor

@Brinklii wrote:

I hope the authorities decide that that so-called "father" will never see or have anything to do with that child again...and put a restraining order on him to stay away from the mother. He belongs locked up in some prison for the mentally ill.

Unfortunately, in our world, he will probably continue to harass that family until the child is 18 years old...if he has to support the child.

What scares me as much is that the baby mama will forgive him and take him back (for any one of a million reasons from she loves him and wants them to be a "real" family to she's alone and needs his support, financial as well as physical!) and keep doing it until one, or all three end up dead!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Regular Contributor

Stormygirl123, may I just say that you are one of the sweetest people I've met.  Now I know why....you have pulled yourself up by your bootstraps, didn't EXPECT anything from anyone and went on to make yourself a productive citizen.  You are to be applauded for doing what you have done with your life.  Some people are bitter when life hands them a bowl of lemons.  You chose to make lemonade rather that wallow in self-pity.  Congratulations sweetie.  May nothing but goodness follow you for the rest of your life.  You have certainly earned it!!!!!HeartWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624

It is shocking.  Even though I am not thrilled with doctors or hospitals, theoretically hospitals are supposed to be places of healing, restoring and recovery.  It's truly a sad day when you have to be concerned about assault and battery in a hospital.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise