Honored Contributor

Re: When you got married where did you go on your honeymoon? Was your wedding day perfect?

Got married in court on my lunch hour.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

Re: When you got married where did you go on your honeymoon? Was your wedding day perfect?

Hawaii.  We stayed in the Hilton Hawaiian Village.  This was back in the 70s.  We discovered how delicious guava juice was (just plain!).   

I'd never been one of those girls who wanted a big wedding so the ceremony was in a judge's office and the reception was in my mom's backyard.  It was just enough.   (I was romantic enough to have gotten the idea from a fashion editorial in Cosmopolitan magazine for which one of the settings was a couple marrying in a judge's chambers.  I thought that was very "fab.")

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Super Contributor

Celebrating our 39th Anniversary this weekend. Big church wedding and reception in San Francisco, honeymoon first night in SF, next stop Carmel for a couple of days, ending our week at Lake Tahoe. 

A number of near misses: maid of honor left her dress at a friend's house and had to break in to get it, as the friend had gone out of town; SIL slipped coming down interior stairs at her parent's home and broke both heels off her shoes - quick trip to a shoe repair to glue them on; stayed too long at the reception and the hotel did not hold our room! Ended up even better, as they upgraded us to an executive suite with a corporate dining  room, lavish bed and bathroom, and amazing views. Ended up with our closest friends joining us for an after-party.

Respected Contributor

thanks for your kind words~~

Trusted Contributor

Thank you everyone I love reading your posts. Thank you.

Honored Contributor

Wedding was a disaster.  I had nothing to do with the planning, his mother and sister, and he took over everything.  I was allowed to have my own wedding dress made.  That was it.  The Rolls Royce he ordered from a stable in NYC never showed up at my house.  My father had to drive me to the church in my unwashed Chevy convertible.  Guests had already been waiting an hour and they had scheduled a high nuptial mass with three priests on the altar and the entire congregation receiving communion.  Any Catholic would know how long that took.  Guests were grumbling and I was embarrassed beyond belief.

We were so late to the restaurant that we had time only to eat.  There was another wedding reception after ours, so we had to leave.

Honeymoon was an auto trip through New England which I enjoyed.  We wound up in Quebec where we visited at least 100 churches.

I had my first child six days short of nine months after we were married and I was nauseous and vomiting the whole time.  I fell out of love the first year, but went on to have four babies in four and a half years.  The marriage lasted eight years.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Esteemed Contributor

My Wedding Day was all that I had wanted it to be...just with a little drama thrown in from the night before!...LOL

We spent our honeymoon in Florida and stayed at my husband's uncle's house, who generously offered his home, as he and his wife were heading on a European vacation...My husband's cousins lived nearby, so we ended up spending most of our honeymoon with them...It was so very romantic!?...LOL

~~Formerly known as "WildFlowers"~~
Honored Contributor

Beautiful day for a wedding and we went to the island of Jamaica -- a Sandals resort for the honeymoon.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Occasional Contributor

[ Edited ]

We were married in NYC at my parish church, stayed at the Pierre, and flew out next morning for Rome and spent two weeks in Italy. This year we celebrate our 30th and are returning to Italy, this time for a full month. 

Our wedding day was picture perfect! September is such a nice month in the northeast, and a great month to travel, especially in Italy. 

Esteemed Contributor

paradise 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow