Honored Contributor

Re: When a UPS package goes to USPS

I *REALLY* don't like the PO transfer, it takes a minimum of one to two days extra to reach me.

Often the transfer is done just a couple of miles away from our house, but it takes the PO two days to process.

Recently, an item sat in the PO for five days before it moved. 

Honored Contributor

Hey Noel!  Wowzer!  That is unreasonable.  Usually, I've seen UPS transfer a shipment to USPS early enough in the morning that it can hit that day's loading.

But I live in a pretty small city, so maybe that makes a big difference here.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Personally, I have bad luck with anything going postal, lol.  My regular postman is a saint, we have had him for years and he is fast and reliable.  But when sub post men come in the pkgs are a day later, as sometimes they can let them sit if they are loaded that day.

certain companies I called and had them not use usps.  I am in California, they are back east.  For some reason it gets to San Francisco or San Pablo, close by me in a couple days.  Then it can take 4 to 5 days for the postal service to get it me, 80 miles away.  JMHO and experience