Honored Contributor

Amy's last day on air is Oct. 25th. So for those concerned, she is not working until the due date. 

Respected Contributor
She said on Inspired Style this past Monday that Monday 24th would be her last show until after the baby. She could have just meant her last Inspired Style show but not the way I understood what she said.
Regular Contributor

I thought I heard her say somewhere around the first week in November.  Bless her heart, she and Gabriella work right up until their due dates.  They are troopers, for sure.  And, the fact that she is still wearing 3" heels is reason to get my vote for a "trooper"!!

Respected Contributor

I worked as a nurse, standing for most of 8 hours, up to my due date.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

From what I've read here on this thread you might think pregnancy was a disease.  I didn't think women today were so fragile. 

Honored Contributor

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

I worked up until the day before I was induced, over a week late. And I worked retail, on my feet on concrete floors all day. I think many women either because of finances, or because they have no complications, end up working until right before the baby comes. 

Honored Contributor

I didn't have children, but my sister worked up till the time she delivered.  

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I worked up until the day my son was born.

If Amy is healthy and feels good - why not work up until the end? That will allow her to have more days accumulated to stay home after the baby is here.

In my case, I thought working beat sitting at home staring at my belly!!!

Respected Contributor

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@hyacinth003 wrote:

Hyacinth

From what I've read here on this thread you might think pregnancy was a disease.  I didn't think women today were so fragile. 

Or that Amy's job is sooooo physically taxing that she shouldn't be doing it.  Her 2-3 hours on the air isn't that tough.  And the rest of the time she's there, she can probably sit. 

On one of my last days before maternity leave, I had to save a patient from choking to death.  I had to go behind the chair she was sitting in, and lift her up to the extent I could, my abdomen getting in the way.  I had to try the Heimlich Maneuver to dislodge a chunk of watermelon her daughter had given her (against our instructions).  I was scared to death of hurting myself or not being able to help her enough.  It worked, but it left me shaky afterward.  Yes, I did finish my day after sitting for a few minutes. 

So, Amy will deserve her leave, as it is tough on anyone. 

Hyacinth   Cat Surprised

Honored Contributor

When Amy was done with her shift Friday evening, she said she was off for the weekend and then Monday (today) would be her last day then she was on maternity leave.  Jennifer Coffey is going to be filling in for Amy on Monday nights while Amy's on maternity leave.

I have a relative who is a hair dresser so obviously she was on her feet all day. She worked up until she had her baby.  She left work one day and went the next day to the hospital to deliver.