Honored Contributor

Re: What would you do in this situation

Of course I did, and scratching my head what in the world did that have to do with this situation, some people just need to stir the pot and bring others down

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Did you ever return the contents of things you worked on with the previous company or did you keep them? I remember you were not sure or maybe it was others who suggested you return those contents back. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

What about when, several times, the doc's office leaves a message to return their call, then when we call back, they don't have a clue as to why they called in the first place.  They've actually asked ME what I think the call could be about....As I've said many times before, they should have a clip board, listing patients' phone numbers and why they're calling.  Check it off when they actually talk to the patient.   

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

In general, I see it all around.  People not following protocol, rules, whatever.  Even drivers, no longer stopping for pedestrians, texting while driving, making U-turns right in front of No U-Turn signs, etc.   It seems to be a trend, trickling up and down.  Lots of people (managers, employees, etc.) just don't seem to care anymore.  Really, I see it everywhere, no matter which general industry, company, subject matter, etc.  It's a sign of our times....

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Of course I did, and scratching my head what in the world did that have to do with this situation, some people just need to stir the pot and bring others down

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Did you ever return the contents of things you worked on with the previous company or did you keep them? I remember you were not sure or maybe it was others who suggested you return those contents back. 

If I remember correctly you started a thread titled 'Need advice on how to handle a sticky situation' in which you asked everyone whether you should return files or keep them from your former employer. You walked away from the thread when people got nasty. 

I'm glad that the 'sticky situation' was resolved to employer/employee satisfaction.

Good luck with the job search and have a great weekend.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

I was supposed to have an 11 30 am phone interview, 1130 came and went I sat here patently for 45 minutes. I was living, I then sent a polite email to the person.

I am a woman of my word, if I am not somewhere when I say I text or e mail that I will be late. Only excuse would be if she was in the ER otherwise -- no buneo

thanks all 

@I am still oxox

I don't think it would have been out of line to pick up the phone and call them ....IF you really wanted the job.   At least you'd know where things stood.

Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

I was supposed to have an 11 30 am phone interview, 1130 came and went I sat here patently for 45 minutes. I was living, I then sent a polite email to the person.

I am a woman of my word, if I am not somewhere when I say I text or e mail that I will be late. Only excuse would be if she was in the ER otherwise -- no buneo

thanks all 

@I am still oxox

I don't think it would have been out of line to pick up the phone and call them ....IF you really wanted the job.   At least you'd know where things stood.

@Tinkrbl44, that's what I would have done when I had waited for 30 minutes, made a phone call. Stuff happens, I'm sure they would have looked upon that follow-up call with favor. Being proactive and all.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

I probably would have called them. I don't have the patience to wait on a phone call. Lol
Honored Contributor

OP said above she rec'd an e-mail that said they forgot.

I doubt any company is going to waste time "testing" someone by setting up an interview and then not bothering to call them at the set upon time.  I also can't imagine what kind of company would blow off an interview that was set up because something else came up.  Any legit company would have had someone contact the interviewee and explain what happened and reset the appointment. 

This doesn't sound like a company that has its stuff together and unless I really, really, really needed the job, I'd move on.