Honored Contributor

Re: What was your best Halloween costume?

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

@cherry It was one that I made for an adult Halloween party. The mask was one of an old lady  that was plastic and partly see through. I wore a long small floral printed granny dress, falling down nylons that had been rolled, a black scarf over my head, and bedroom slippers. It was so fun because during the course of the evening, absolutely no one could guess who I was. There were some who tried to lift my mask. I took 1st place!!!!

Honored Contributor

Tee hee, when I was in third grade I had a pair of one inch, red heels with a gorgeous grosgrain bow on the top (my love for high heels clearly started very early).

My mom made me a cat costume which consisted of a turtleneck bodysuit, black tights, my beloved red shoes (actually you probably couldn't pry me out of them at that point) and a homemade, black velvet tail which my dad somehow ran a wire through to make sure it was always curled (albeit dragging on my skinny, third grade behind).  

My mom tied a gorgeous, huge red satin bow on the end of said tail and somehow I lost it during the Halloween parade . . . I was devasted as I loved that bow . . . best Halloween costume ever.  To be honest, I don't remember any others besides that one.

Respected Contributor

Last real Halloween party with DH, I went as Catwoman, ala Julie Newmar. Black leather of course. Made a cute mask with whiskers on it. Wish I had a photo to share.

Honored Contributor

When I was 8, my aunt made a brides costume for me out of her wedding gown.  She was a very tiny petite woman, so It wasn't as hard as one might think.  She even made a little veil for me.  I went to Halloween party and I won a prize for my costume. 

Trusted Contributor

Jazz Halloween me.jpg

Respected Contributor

The most fun I ever had was once when I was probably in my thirties.  I got a hold of a pig mask and a curly blonde wig, and dressed up as "Miss Piggy."  I then drove over to my favorite neighborhood bar.  I sat down right at the bar and drove the bartender/owner nuts all night because he couldn't figure out who I was (no one else could either).  I finally took the whole thing off for them.  Besides, it was pretty hot under there, and really hard to drink!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

I think my best was when I dressed up as shower/ Yes, a shower. DH took PVC pipe and made  a circle, putting straps inside to hold it up, then we put a shower curtain on it, around it. IHe hung a toilet brush on the ouside and some used soap. I wore a terry onesie tyoe short outfit,  and a shower cap, oh, he also put head on it with streamers going down like water. Since I was then working as a bank teller, it was quire a hit as it looked like I had no clothes on under there. I did win first prize.

mm

"Cats are like potato chips, you can never have just one".
Esteemed Contributor

It's still warm here in Florida.  Red shorts, matching red top and lots of black dots (tacked on) make a Lady Bug!

Respected Contributor

@Mama Mia wrote:

I think my best was when I dressed up as shower/ Yes, a shower. DH took PVC pipe and made  a circle, putting straps inside to hold it up, then we put a shower curtain on it, around it. IHe hung a toilet brush on the ouside and some used soap. I wore a terry onesie tyoe short outfit,  and a shower cap, oh, he also put head on it with streamers going down like water. Since I was then working as a bank teller, it was quire a hit as it looked like I had no clothes on under there. I did win first prize.

mm

@Mama Mia I always thought when/if I go to another Halloween party, I would be Janet Leigh.  That is exactly how I was planning on making it - except I would have a knife and blood instead of a toilet brush lol