Honored Contributor

Re: What to do with Hummels?

@Q4u wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Collectibles are a very personal thing and I have no problem at all when one generation has no interest in carrying a collection forward but for those that would like to ensure a loved one's collection is handled well (and like me are not interested in getting involved with eBay) this was a great option.

Right now I have a ton of vinyls (LP's) that if I can't find someone to take they will be in a dumpster next week . . . it hurts but life goes on . . . Smiley Happy

Oh... please donate them to the Goodwill or other charity!  Woman Happy

No worries @Q4u my girlfriend just took them for her nephew! . . . Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@Q4u wrote:

@momtochloe wrote:

Collectibles are a very personal thing and I have no problem at all when one generation has no interest in carrying a collection forward but for those that would like to ensure a loved one's collection is handled well (and like me are not interested in getting involved with eBay) this was a great option.

Right now I have a ton of vinyls (LP's) that if I can't find someone to take they will be in a dumpster next week . . . it hurts but life goes on . . . Smiley Happy

Oh... please donate them to the Goodwill or other charity!  Woman Happy

No worries @Q4u my girlfriend just took them for her nephew! . . . Smiley Happy

Woman LOL

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Respected Contributor

@momtochloe I'm so glad you found such a great solution. And now, even though you couldn't find someone who would love the whole collection like your precious Mom did, you (and she) will make dozens of people happy! Some will be ecstatic to find that one special piece they've been searching for, and others who just see one of the figurines online and find it speaks to them will have the joy of opening the box and discovering how much more beautiful it is in person.