Honored Contributor

Re: What's Up For Valentine's Day?

We will enjoy grilled ribeye steaks, baked potatoes, and tossed salad. Also plan to watch qualifying for the Daytona 500.

Honored Contributor

It's going to be the coldest weekend here of the season so staying in is going to be the plan. Takeout?

Valued Contributor

Not a darn thing.  I bought my hub a card, that's what he will get for me.  I'll cook up some chili or something that I would normally make on any other Sunday.  As you can tell, we do not do anything special for Valentines day...

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

Probably nothing.  LOL

We have some plans for Saturday but not an early VD night out.  I'll get DH a card and some peanut butter cups from a local chocolate shop, that he loves.  I'm not even sure what I'll do for dinner that night. 

Have a good time, @Lipstickdiva Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

≈^..^≈    I caught a cricket for my mama.........so hopefully I will get a chicken dinner for Valentine's Day.   Love from Kitty the Fuzz

Woman LOL

Happy VDay to you and your Mama!

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

We will enjoy grilled ribeye steaks, baked potatoes, and tossed salad. Also plan to watch qualifying for the Daytona 500.

Classic and delicious Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

After seeing the weather forecast, hopefully nothing!! Too cold.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I lost my high school sweetheart shortly after graduation as the result of a freak car accident. My first husband passed away after 53 years of marriage. And about 10 years ago I married another wonderful man.  (Just some history to explain the next paragraph.)

Today I got a Valentine gift from DH, with a card explaining. It's a set of Time Life love songs from the 50's and 60's. My favorite eras along with the 40's.

The card reads "I can't give you back your first love or your second.  But as number 3 I can give you back some cherished memories in these beautiful songs.  Enjoy them all. I love you." Now how can anyone beat that for a Valentine gift?  He said he didn't see any reason to wait till Sunday, because now I would have three extra days to enjoy the music. 

And . . . . . he also gave me a bright red walker.  Yep, we're both getting older very fast.  I don't need it yet, but he thought it would be great to have it on hand just in case he might not still be around when I need one.  What a guy!!

Honored Contributor

@NUNYA wrote:

After seeing the weather forecast, hopefully nothing!! Too cold.

Hot soup!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Perkup wrote:

I lost my high school sweetheart shortly after graduation as the result of a freak car accident. My first husband passed away after 53 years of marriage. And about 10 years ago I married another wonderful man.  (Just some history to explain the next paragraph.)

Today I got a Valentine gift from DH, with a card explaining. It's a set of Time Life love songs from the 50's and 60's. My favorite erass along with the 40's.

The card reads "I can't give you back your first love or your second.  But as number 3 I can give you back some cherished memories in these beautiful songs.  Enjoy them all. I love you." Now how can anyone beat that for a Valentine gift?  He said he didn't see any reason to wait till Sunday, because now I would have three extra days to enjoy the music. 

And . . . . . he also gave me a bright red walker.  Yep, we're both getting older very fast.  I don't need it yet, but he thought it would be great to have it on hand just in case he might not still be around when I need one.  What a guy!!

@Perkup

What a wonderful story!  I'm sorry for your losses, but you have been so loved, it's beautiful.

Your husband of today is such a thoughtful and caring man.  Your post makes me happy Heart