Honored Contributor

What's Up For Valentine's Day?

It's almost impossible to get a reservation in most restaurants for VDay, so I'm considering cooking something easy but nice.

Trader Joe's has a mini flyer out for specials including filet mignon, I'm considering that with a nice sauce, baked potato with lite sour cream and chives, Caesar salad, champagne and something chocolate that's small.  One of the better grocery stores sells decadent individual brownies, I'll probably get those.

I found a really nice set of three candles in pink on Amazon, so I'll decorate the table with those.

But I might just say forget all that and order delivery, lol.

What are others doing?

Honored Contributor

Re: What's Up For Valentine's Day?

For anyone interested, here's a link to the Trader Joe's Valentine specials, with photos:

http://www.traderjoes.com/digin/post/consider-us-cupid

Honored Contributor

....my blood sugar....hahaha.  I am staying home with the fam.  The last two times we went out to dinner on V Day, it was crowded and overbooked.  A patron sitting next to us yelled at his waiter.  It was awful.  No thanks!

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

We are going to make Filet Mignon on the grill with some shrimp on skewers, salad.  DH will probably want some roasted potatoes. I bought some little chocolate mousse parfait desserts. Happy Valentine's Day.

Respected Contributor

restaurants are notoriously overbooked and too crowded, but we may go to our club.  if not,  home is always nice.  the important thing is that we are together.

Honored Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

We are going to make Filet Mignon on the grill with some shrimp on skewers, salad.  DH will probably want some roasted potatoes. I bought some little chocolate mousse parfait desserts. Happy Valentine's Day.

That sounds delicious!  You're lucky you can grill Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@MickD wrote:

....my blood sugar....hahaha.  I am staying home with the fam.  The last two times we went out to dinner on V Day, it was crowded and overbooked.  A patron sitting next to us yelled at his waiter.  It was awful.  No thanks!

Hi Mick!  Woman LOL

I know what you mean about putting up with others as part of the package, it can be awful.

Yes, I am hoping others here come up with something healthy to suggest, although we do have a couple of lite homemade salad dressing recipes.

Happy Valentine's Day to you Heart

Honored Contributor

Hi @ladyroxanne  Smiley Happy

I agree, and part of SF is still closed off because of Superbowl City, the big work taking it down is supposed to be done Friday, but I suspect it will still be a mess.  And that's a section with a lot of good restaurants!

Honored Contributor

Now I'm thinking food.  We just got another pressure cooker from the Q and I also got the cookbook by Eric Theiss....saw a cool recipe for lamb vindaloo.....it's been really hot here so, when in Rome......or India.....

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G
Honored Contributor

We are having one of DH's favorite meals - hot sausage sandwiches and a salad. We never even try to go out - restaurants are so crowded and service is slow due to the holiday. We prefer to spend the day doing something we enjoy. We'll start with church and then breakfast and see from there.