Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is your favorite Disneyland ride?

The tea Cups ! !!
Trusted Contributor

I've never been to Disneyland but have been to Disney World many times and my favorite ride is still Pirates of the Caribbean. Least favorite is the Tower of Terror. I strained my vocal cords from screaming so loud. It did me in for any future rides that go up in the air. 

Contributor

I agree with so many of the above suggestions. They include the key rides that shouldn't be missed.  Space Mountain is currently named Hperspace Mountain.

The park has started a big construction job, adding Star Wars Land. The following rides/events are closed for at least a year:

• Tom Saywer Island
  • Mark Twain Riverboat
  • Canoes
  • Fantasmic
  • Railroad
  • Columbia Sailing Ship

The following are getting major refurbishments and are closed till at least April

• Jungle Cruise
  • Utopia

The park is continuing it's 60th Anniversary until September so it is dressed up with lots of bling.

The "Paint The NIght" parade is wonderful.  Watch the following fireworks from Main Street to get the full effect of the newly added projections on the buildings.

On the Disney California Adventure side the great rides are:

• Soaring Over California (may be Soaring Over The World by then)
  • Radiator Springs Racers

Bear Country Jamboree left Disneyland a long time ago.  It is now at Disney World

Be prepared for crowds.  I go to Disneyland at least once a week.  I don't let the crowds bother me.  I just go and have a "magical"  time!

Have fun!!!

Esteemed Contributor

Big Thunder Mountain which will be closing to make room for Star Wars.  Next is Space Mountain then Small World,

Respected Contributor

I've never been to Disneyland.  However, I love Disney World.  Favorite childhood memory is riding my favorite ride...Dumbo the Elephant. My mom told me that when I was four, my one goal for Disney World was to go and ride Dumbo.  After riding it, I told my parents that I wanted to go home.  She said that we were going back to the hotel soon. I meant that I wanted to go HOME!!Cat Very Happy As and adult, I like the log rides, such as "It's a Small World."

I will add that even though it is a show, not a ride. I absoutely love the "Hall of Presidents."

I'm not short...I'm fun size!
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

You are real Disneynerd if you go once a week. We are going March 7 for three days.I am not a major amusement park person but it will be fun to see it again. Two of my friends date back to high school years, recently reconnected. Girls just want to have fun.

Honored Contributor

I haven't been to Disneyland since I moved to AZ......but my fave was "Pirates of the Caribbean"

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Trusted Contributor

@NiteShade wrote:

I agree with so many of the above suggestions. They include the key rides that shouldn't be missed.  Space Mountain is currently named Hperspace Mountain.

The park has started a big construction job, adding Star Wars Land. The following rides/events are closed for at least a year:

• Tom Saywer Island
  • Mark Twain Riverboat
  • Canoes
  • Fantasmic
  • Railroad
  • Columbia Sailing Ship

The following are getting major refurbishments and are closed till at least April

• Jungle Cruise
  • Utopia

The park is continuing it's 60th Anniversary until September so it is dressed up with lots of bling.

The "Paint The NIght" parade is wonderful.  Watch the following fireworks from Main Street to get the full effect of the newly added projections on the buildings.

On the Disney California Adventure side the great rides are:

• Soaring Over California (may be Soaring Over The World by then)
  • Radiator Springs Racers

Bear Country Jamboree left Disneyland a long time ago.  It is now at Disney World

Be prepared for crowds.  I go to Disneyland at least once a week.  I don't let the crowds bother me.  I just go and have a "magical"  time!

Have fun!!!

LOL - Everybody I know LOVES Soaring. I couldn't get off of it fast enough and my friends were laughing at me! Hang gliding is something I've never wanted to do.

Sorry to hear that Country Bear Jamboree is gone. We did visit it at Disney World during extended park hours. We were the only 6 people in the attraction and it was about 1 am. Nearly peed in my shorts it was so funny. I guess that kind of humor just doesn't go over well anymore and I wouldn't be surprised if it makes a permanant exit in the future.

Esteemed Contributor

Some of the bears from Bear Country are featured on Splash Mountain. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

A chair being pushed in under me at one of their wonderful restaurants. That's the extent of our rides. Have a wonderful time, it's the most magic place on earth for kids of all ages.