Esteemed Contributor

Re: What is your favorite Disneyland ride?

@qualitygal wrote:

A chair being pushed in under me at one of their wonderful restaurants. That's the extent of our rides. Have a wonderful time, it's the most magic place on earth for kids of all ages.

lol

Esteemed Contributor

Mine is Indiana Jones.

Respected Contributor

Pirates of the Caribbean!  Remember to look for Jack Sparrow. We go on this ride at least three times.

If your going to California Adventure Park 

Soaring over California is a must. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

...I almost called my family to fix that oversight right then and there...

@Laura14

Gambino or Genovese?

Smiley Wink

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Space Mountain

Autotopia

Submarine Voyage-closed 1998.

Honored Contributor

I dislike rides so I will stick with the Carousel, we went to Disney World on our honeymoon and right after the fireworks I ran to be the first on the Carousel, while earlier in the day my DH ran to be in the first group on Space Mountain

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

As a kid in the '60's I loved nothing as much as the submarine ride!! I know it sound stupid now rides are so over the top, but the only real "thrill" ride back then was the Matterhorn, and my folks were NOT going to wait in the long line for that!!

I remember the summer they opened "Its a Small World" and how hot it was to wait in line when the Haunted mansion openend..it seemed SO scary back then.. The summer they opened Pirates of the Carribean, my Nana and Papa took me, and we didnt mind the long wait, since part was indoors, AND we got to have Monte Cristo Sandwiches at the Blue Bayou! - it is a very different ride these days thanit was back then...

My son's favorite ride was Thunder Mountain Railroad and Space Mountain.. but to me, the teacups and Mr Toads Wild Ride ar my childhood classic faves..

When my son turned 16 and could drive, he got the season pass, (they were affordable then)and would go there a couple times a week after school..He LOVED Disneyland...

The "Mr Lincoln" exhibit as a kid was so frightening! when Lincoln stood up, everybody would gasp, since he seemed so life like..

Autopia  was always fun, and loved the"inside a snowflake" ride  of  years past...Monsanto sponsored it...

Always enjoyed Star Tours, too...Now I am the Grandma taking my grandkids..

At Disneyland, you can ALWAYS be  kid...and THAT is the most precious ride of all...

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF  I love it when people pay attention.  Smiley Very HappySmiley Wink

Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

......  At Disneyland, you can ALWAYS be  kid...and THAT is the most precious ride of all.......

That is exactly what Disneyland does to me.  I am almost 60 years old and every week I go and feel young.  The outside world fades away for a bit.  Even on the most crowded days my stress is gone.  I walk around with a smile.

While I might go on a ride or two I am into all the small details that are mostly past over by others.   The work put into that place is amazing.

Sometimes I feel like I am moving normally while everyone else is flying by at 2x the speed.

Going tonight.  Annual Passport holder days this month.  Couple goodies for us.  I love the swag!

Frequent Contributor

I loved the Peter Pan ride when I was a kid and I still love it to this day.  Fortunately, the lines aren't as long for this attraction as the others.