Contributor

What is with HSN Camera Operators?

Periodically I complain online about HSN's camera work. What is it with these people? Here's Anna, all talent and efficiency, making a card. The camera focuses on her work just until she puts on the final touches, then pans away toward a shot including the host, and we never see the final card. I can't count the number of times this happens over the years, and it makes me angry every time. It's dismissive of the process with definite implications of "oh, who cares about this old lady stuff?" Listen up, camera people, and treat these efforts with the same respect you give men cleaning grout!

Honored Contributor

Re: What is with HSN Camera Operators?

I see your point. Now, if only the HSN camera folks read the QVC forums!!!Smile (

Valued Contributor

I agree, Louisa May! Those camera operators drive me crazy. It can be rather frustrating sometimes.

Contributor

On 3/24/2014 Krimpette said:

I see your point. Now, if only the HSN camera folks read the QVC forums!!!Smile (

They do read QVC forums. The companies are linked financially. HSN issues/products are discussed regularly here on QVC's forums., which may be why HSN no longer has its own forums.

Valued Contributor

Louisa May, HSN still has their own forums. I just came from there. Scroll to the bottom section and look for where it says "HSN social and community", just a little under that it says "visit HSN community, forums and blogs". That's what you click on. They redid them not too long ago but they still have them.

Honored Contributor

On 3/24/2014 Louisa May said:
On 3/24/2014 Krimpette said:

They do read QVC forums. The companies are linked financially. HSN issues/products are discussed regularly here on QVC's forums., which may be why HSN no longer has its own forums.

I realize that many Q shoppers also shop HSN and post many topics about HSN. My "joshing" was more the fact that I wondered if the HSN camera folks would read these forums. I hope that they do, though I thought they did a tad better this afternoon with AG's presentation.

Contributor

Ladies, thank you very much. I'm headed over to HSN's boards.

Respected Contributor

In general, I'd like to see more of the item they're selling at the time and the person selling it and giving the demonstration. I think the hosts talk too much. I know they have a job to do but, for me, there's not enough information about the product sometimes. For instance, when Anna Griffin and HSN launched the new Cricut Explore....I just wasn't getting it. Couldn't tell you that much about it or how to work it...the hosts talked too much.

Frequent Contributor

I totally agree that the hosts talk too much. I noticed that Lisa B. was getting back to the ability to really describe and talk about an item. She is really getting good and could be a craft host just by herself. The hosts felt that they needed to get their say in and that took from Lisa being able to talk about an item.

Suzanne R. really thought that we could not comprehend the fact that the dies/embossing folders could be bought just by themselves. Duh.........not hard to figure that out. Anna is really getting good at describing an item and doesn't need a host constantly talking. Yes, update us about the quantity left to sell and take the phone calls, but let the presenter tell us about the products.