Respected Contributor

Re: What is the temperature where you are?

[ Edited ]
SW PA, about 51, grey, cloudy and a little breezy. I love the cool temperatures of fall, but had hoped we would have gone down gradually. Supposed to bounce back next week. Was watching webcams from Outer Banks (where I could have been), sigh....they're in shorts and some brave souls are even out in the ocean.
Honored Contributor

Currently 50 in SE Michigan.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

It's 54 and should be in the 60s by afternoon.  The sun is burning through some morning sun.  I haven't needed to put the heater on yet.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It was in the 50s and raining this morning but it's currently 61. I wore my knee height combat boots today while I ran errands and enjoyed being able to wear tall boots again. I can't wait for the snow! I'm in the Plains. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Typical mid 80s for this time of year in Southern California. Tomorrow and Monday there's rain in the forecast. Not a lot, but we'll take it! 

If the forecast is right we'll be warming back up to the 90s by the end of the week.

Honored Contributor

It's 59° and raining in East TN.  It's supposed to be 78° tomorrow.  I love fall weather, but I don't like winter.    

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Esteemed Contributor

Haven't heard what it is since early this morning...when it was in the 50's......all I know is I had to crank up the heat sometime in the middle of the night...I was freezing.....I live in N.J....

Respected Contributor

RedTop my good friend has a Christmas catus that has not bloomed for years just stayed green. In June that plant started to bloom the most beautiful burst of flowers and it just kept blooming she was thrilled.  You can imagine how big it has gotten over the years it stayed green and  now to have all these flowers come on it was just beautiful to see.

Esteemed Contributor

Its 51 and gloomy here in S central PA. It was in the 40s over night. And it has rained the past few days. I just love (not) how it goes from hot and using the AC to cold in no time. Today my throw is my best friend..lol.. I refuse to put the heat on yet.

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Honored Contributor

cater wrote:

RedTop my good friend has a Christmas catus that has not bloomed for years just stayed green. In June that plant started to bloom the most beautiful burst of flowers and it just kept blooming she was thrilled.  You can imagine how big it has gotten over the years it stayed green and  now to have all these flowers come on it was just beautiful to see.

Is this the kind with the long, red flowers?  I have one of these that was given to me as a bd gift, some 16-17 years ago.   It gets these great red flowers with really interesting stamen.

Anyway, what I do is to put some of those plant food stakes into him every now and then.  Don't over-water, and keep him where he gets plenty of sun.   He has grown so much over these years but always gets tons of flowers at least a couple of times a year.

I don't know if that helps any, but he seems happy.  Smiley Happy