Respected Contributor

Re: What is the percentage of time you spend watching Q than you spend on the forums?

Watch Q never! 

Forums 5% 

Valued Contributor

Re: What is the percentage of time you spend watching Q than you spend on the forums?

@Desertdi wrote:

TV is always on......50% news, the rest:    Oldies, Q/the other one, weather.

Check my email every few hours, and then the forums.    Also spend time on forums  during late night/early a.m. before the "first news".

@Desertdi, my TV patterns are similar to yours.  I'm usually in the living room  with the TV on.  I probably watch about 50% news, 25% home shows, 10% QVC, 15% game shows/sitcoms.  Between QTV vs. the forums it's probably 15% QVCtv vs. 85% forums.

Honored Contributor

How much I watch has nothing to do with disgust.   I learned long ago that the less time I spend in stores, the less I spend buying what I don't need and really don't want.  That works with TV and Internet shopping, too.

Right now as I write here, my TV is tuned elsewhere.  I did buy a Dooney nylon earlier today when someone here mentioned its being shown and I took a commercial break to go look. 

I live in a shopping mecca with a wonderful mall 2 minutes from home.  I can walk from Nordstrom to Jjill to Banana Republic to Tiffany to Macys to Saks and Bloomies and Tiffany and Louis Viutton and Chicos and Vera Bradley.  I know them all and then some.  I used to spend way too much time there --and that was way more expensive than watching QVC. 

No disgust -  just common sense.  Restraint is easy if temptation is out of the way.

Esteemed Contributor

Watch compared to time on forums?

Forums=100%

Watch== Zero%

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

I used to spend much more time both here on the forums and watching. I spend a little more time on the forums than watching, but both have decreased dramatically. Just as the programs used to be a lot better, so did the discussions held here. The frequency spent here did result in more purchasing for me Smiley Embarassed . The personality of the Q has essentially changed , and so has the lure of these forums. I am happy about the moderation enforced raising of the civility if the boards, but they have totally removed actual discussion of the kind that once was the attraction. 

Respected Contributor

~A Picture is Worth a Thousand Words~
Honored Contributor

@MarLoCat wrote:

What @MarLoCat said.

I never watch. If I'm interested in an item, I watch the video, that's it.

Maybe that's why I never understand all of the host bashing that goes on here.

If something or someone irritated me as much as it/they seem to irritate some posters here, I sure as heck wouldn't watch!

Life's too short to be so petty about what someone else is wearing, their makeup, hair style/color, manner of speech, etc., etc., etc.

I personally have more important things to worry about, none of which involves QVC or it's salespeople.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Frequent Contributor

I definitely watch more. It has gotten very repetitive though, I used to usually have QVC on in the background, but have switched to mostly cnn. Still, I'd say 80% watching QVC vs 20% reading forums.

Respected Contributor

i watch on occasion, maybe 5% and the forums would then be 95%.

Honored Contributor

I rarely watch anymore  - so less than 5%.  I am on the forums 2 - 3 times a week for 30 minutes to an hour or so each time.