Honored Contributor

People who don't pull their weight at work, people who bully others for their beliefs, I could go on but I don't feel like spending too much time on the topic, lol.

Esteemed Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Shanus  Oh you should be here in Florida!   These snowbirds come in and hog up our food and Dr appointments.    The roads are packed in bumper to bumper traffic, and they cause so many accidents.   The worst thing about them, is most have a lot of money and are so mean.

I have no patience for them anymore.  If they get mean, I get mean right back.   I had someone yell at me cause I was blocking an isle.  She said get the hell out of my way.  I moved my cart to the center of the isle and walked away, and said "Hey have a nice day"  

I had to get another cart and start all over again but it was worth it.

My motto is  Don't get mad get even.

@BalletBabe wow! You sound as mean as they are.  

I don't notice this from the snowbirds where I live.

HOA ring a bell?

Trusted Contributor

I'm battling two chronic diseases now.  One is autoimmune.  I get so frustrated when I need a medication change for my thyroid disease, and my doctor disagrees.  Then, a month later, I feel like the walking dead and have to play catch-up when he increases my meds.  

I could write a book, just concerning medical frustrations and dealing with doctors, but I'll end it here.  Smiley Wink

"I've been here since October 2006. Wow!"
Honored Contributor

Re: What frustrates you?

[ Edited ]

@Annabellethecat66 wrote:

Same as deepwater (my brain says go go go and my body says no no no).  I've always been a 'doer'.  I could pretty much do whatever I FELT I could do, which was a lot.  Now I have a bad back, two knees.....boo hoo.

People who drive in the left lane and go slowly.  Most of the roads where I live are 2 lanes each way.  This blocks traffic something terrible!

People who always feel the need to argue.  They don't understand the phrase, "Agree to disagree".  If it isn't what  they think they want to argue and run something into the ground.  Ugh!

People who don't acknowledge a kindness.  In our family we all send out thank you notes.  Everyone my daughter knows they send out thank you notes.  It must be my friends because I NEVER get a thank you note (gee, hand written) from anyone I know.  That is my biggest pet peeve.  Don't run it into the ground, buy a freaking card, put a stamp on it and sign the name.  I wasn't too busy to do a kindness, it is just a matter of being polite.  Phew!  I'l go sit down now.  Watch, someone will want to argue about that one....you'll see.  Ha!

@Annabellethecat66 I can so relate  to all you said! The latest act of kindness I gave was to a customer who only had 1 item to check out in Walmart and I had a full cart...with coupons and pricematching involved, so it would take me quite awhile to check out.

It was getting close to midnight and they were narrowing down their checkers to only having the self serve check outs.

For whatever reason, they even closed down the express checkout lane.

Anyway, I let the guy (in his late 20's) go ahead of me in line. I waited for him to thank me...nope, it didn't happen. After he checked out and started to walk away I said, "You're Welcome"...and he said with a glare "What?!"

It was as if he felt entitled to my letting him go ahead of me...

What is the world coming to?  booo.gif

No common courtesy, no kindness, no common sense...

Esteemed Contributor

There isn't a lot that frustrates me that I can think of. I'm sure there's something.....but when I do start feeling frustrated, I just take a deep breath and mentally detach myself from whatever I find annoying.......there's only so many things you can control and those things are very few.

Honored Contributor

@Zhills wrote:

@151949 wrote:

@BlingQueen022 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Shanus  Oh you should be here in Florida!   These snowbirds come in and hog up our food and Dr appointments.    The roads are packed in bumper to bumper traffic, and they cause so many accidents.   The worst thing about them, is most have a lot of money and are so mean.

I have no patience for them anymore.  If they get mean, I get mean right back.   I had someone yell at me cause I was blocking an isle.  She said get the hell out of my way.  I moved my cart to the center of the isle and walked away, and said "Hey have a nice day"  

I had to get another cart and start all over again but it was worth it.

My motto is  Don't get mad get even.

@BalletBabe wow! You sound as mean as they are.  

I don't notice this from the snowbirds where I live.

HOA ring a bell?

They weren't snowbirds - they were the full time residents. If your going to correct others it is a real good idea to be certain you are correct.

Honored Contributor

@Susan Louise Are we related?  Ha!  That's something I've done before (let the person behind me go first) and I don't get a thank you either.  I've been known more than one time to yell just like you did, "Thank you" and you're lucky because I don't even get a 'what?'.  Ha!  How about the one's who knock into you to get into the door (which I sometimes am hold) ahead of everyone?  People who ride the bus to work or anywhere (the train, etc) tell me people don't let the pregnant person or the elderly sit down.  I used to do that all of the time.  I'm like you though, I yell out, YOU'RE WELCOME.  My friend gets embarrassed by me, but I don't care.  I can't stand rude people!

If I let someone in their car get out and into line I never get a wave that says, "Thanks".  I do that all of the time.  It takes one second to put  your hand up and move it once or twice like "Thanks".  Yet people don't do it.  It's as if they EXPECT it!

So few people send out thank you notes these days.  I don't remember the last time I received one from anyone other than my daughters and their children.  Even relatives don't send them out.  I've given so much money (my sister $2,500 cash) to keep her from being thrown out of her apartment with hours notice to me and yet she couldn't send a little note to me.  I finally had to say, "Are you OK now".  She said, "Oh!  Yes!  I'm sorry!  I've been so busy".  It's not like you want anyone to kiss your feet but just say, "Thanks when you do a kindness" and if it's someone you know hand write the ****** note and put a stamp on it.  That's why I make a big deal, because IT TAKES TIME to do it.  TIME is valuable these days.  Right?

Phew!  I'm glad to hear there is someone else out there that feels like I do.  I LOVE surprising people and sending/giving them things yet they can't take a minute to say "thanks".  Better yet would be for these same people to acknowledge my kindness by saying, "I passed it on and did this or that for someone else".  But I have NEVER gotten that.

ONCE maybe 6 months ago while driving through the McDonald's to take my granddaughter a snack, I went to pay and the girl in the window said, "The car ahead already paid your bill".  I was like, "Wow!  I've never had that done before".  So I said to her, "I'd like to pay for the car BEHIND me".  She said, "It's only $1 something they got a cup of coffee".  Ha!  So I said, "Let me pay for the car behind them".  She said, "Mam there's no one behind them".  Ha!  My youngest daughter pays behind her all of the time.  I always forget but it's a kindness you don't forget.

Have a wonderful day and you've made my day!

Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips Yes!  I can't stand it when something doesn't work right and I've spent so much time trying to get the thing to work!  My late husband back in the 80's owned a computer business.  This was when personal computers were becoming popular.  I STILL know very little about computers but back then I really knew nothing.

I'd call him up and say, "I'm throwing this (insert your word) computer out the windown".  Ha!  He'd (very seriously) say, "Calm down, I'll fix it later".  

I was just telling the Verizon guy 2 days ago that I needed to 'update' my router but I figure if it's old, it's probably made better.  Yet, I know that's probably not always right these days.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie Since I don't exercise...hummm??? I can't say that happens but when I'm in the grocery store getting ready to pay, I've been pushed so far forward that the cashier has had to look at the person behind me and say, "Can you move back so she can pay me"?  

Someone whom I know that has traveled the world many times over once said to me, "Americans don't realize it but they have something within them that says, "I HAVE a personal space".  I started paying attention and realized he was right!  We don't even think about it but yet we do it.  It's very strange once you realize it.  This same person said, "In many/most countries (especially those highly populated) they are used to crowing in and pushing against other people.  They don't pay any attention to something like, SPACE.  Ha!  He is really right!  Start paying attention and you'll see what I mean.

It's nothing agains other nationalities.  It's just a difference in us.  I don't know any Americans that would think of rubbing up against another person unless they are forced to do it.

It doesn't mean anyone is right or wrong, it's just that way.  BUT it does drive me crazy too, I totally know what you mean.  Obviously though there are some people (no matter who) who never heard of 'personal space'.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

I once saw a show that was about this very subject.  They hooked a woman (who was always frustrated) up to machines and had her spend a day.  Every time she got frustrated the machine registered her blood pressure.

At the end the Drs read the results and her blood pressure was sky high.