Respected Contributor

What do you eat if you hate turkey on Thanksgiving

i was at the gym this morning and a girl was there and her daughter doesn't like turkey so they have steak!  they actually have two thanksgivings.

do you all like your turkey or chicken on thanksgiving?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: What do you eat if you hate turkey on Thanksgiving

Hi ladyroxanne, 

Everyday is thanksgiving at our house, tomorrow, we're having tacos. Heart

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

I think turkey is kind of tasteless and it often gets over cooked which just makes it worse.  One good turkey sandwich is all I want.  I have a friend who is serving prime rib because her family prefers it. 

Respected Contributor

I don't like turkey or pumpkin pie.  I eat the sides and make a dessert that I enjoy.  No big deal. It's just one meal a year.

Respected Contributor

I don't hate turkey, but it's not really my favorite. (I can't wait for Christmas dinner, at which we always have ham!)

At Thanksgiving, I eat everything else...mashed potatoes, stuffing, baked yams with marshmallow, whatever veg (usually peas and carrots).

And, of course, dessert!  Pumpkin pie being my favorite.   Smiley Happy

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Honored Contributor

I love turkey but I have relatives who don't, so they eat ham or roast beef.  I cook Turkey on Christmas and Thanksgiving but I also cook a ham on Thanksgiving and roast beef on Christmas.  

Respected Contributor

@Marienkaefer2

i'm with you on this one.  i rarely eat meat so this is how i eat my thanksgiving, too!

Respected Contributor

Judging from the long line at Honeybaked Ham for the last three days I would say alot of people eat ham!

Respected Contributor

@ladyroxanne wrote:

@Marienkaefer2

i'm with you on this one.  i rarely eat meat so this is how i eat my thanksgiving, too!

It's really almost better without the turkey, imo!  Smiley Happy  To me, it's the sides that make the meal!

One year we attended a Thanksgiving buffet, and salmon was one of the dishes, so I had that.

I do enjoy ham on Christmas, though.  But, like you, I am not a big meat eater. 

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Respected Contributor

@Marienkaefer2

oh, oh, i do love salmon!  everything sounds so good.  have a wonderful thanksgiving!