Honored Contributor

What do you consider to be the best gifts you were ever given?

Apart from being born healthy, I think a happy childhood was  my first  important gift.

My husband and my children  are tied with  my happy childhood

Honored Contributor

Re: What do you consider to be the best gifts you were ever given?

I agree , having the best possible parents and grandparents is the best possible gift we can be given.

Honored Contributor

Good parents who not only taught good values and a strong work ethic, but most important tolerance and fair play. I could ask for no more. ❤️

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

The best gift bar none was my son.i couldn't have children and he was a gift from above .I am so proud,thankful and grateful that he came into my life.I have treasured every moment of his life and consider myself very privileged to be able to have the opportunity to raise him.He has grown into a very special person that I could never take credit for..I am so proud to be his mom and thank god every day for the joy that he gave to me when  I was gifted with my beautiful son.i 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had wonderful parents and I now know it was a somewhat sheltered life compared to my classmates.  I had both sets of grandparents and a set of great grandparents and many aunt's, uncle's and cousins all within a 60 mile radius.  We got together for the holidays (children drew names for secret gift exchanges) and my father's side had a family reunion every year.  We celebrated his mother's 100 birthday on our last reunion.  The cousins spent time visiting together summers.

My sons have gifted me with my DILs and in turn I have 4 grandson, a grandDIL and 2 great grandsons.  I have great memories and plan on staying around to make many more.

The only bump in my road was losing my dear husband and best friend 22 years ago.  I can see him rolling around with all the young men in the family and watching them grow.  He would be so proud of the father's our boys have become and the lives they have lived.

Contributor

A hysterectomy and a refrigerated air conditioner. 😈

Trusted Contributor

@dex. Our children are our gifts.  You  have also given your son a wonderful gift.  I am so glad that you found each other.  You have both grown in your love for each other.  That is a gift that can never be taken away.  Blessings for the new year to you both.  Continue to make wonderful memories.

Honored Contributor

I came from a family of 5 kids and mama didn't work ,so we were never flush with money. But my  mother  baked  us cookies, and was a good  cook, and housekeeper. She sewed things for us to wear. We were always well fed and neat and clean

My dad always made us  small toys, He would peel birch bark from trees ,and make us little tee pees and canoes. He was a hard worker and a good provider. We never felt like we had less than others. Lots of people struggled  back in the 50's. 

Trusted Contributor

That hubby and I are able to live a comfortable life.

And though I can no longer skate to the higher level I once could, the ability to figure skate and participate in many facets of this activity. It has saved my life and and my psyche for over 30 years.

Honored Contributor

Hands down my four kids. 

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson