Respected Contributor

What are you doing this pre Thanksgiving morning?

Well obviously I am sitting here reading and posting.  But I am also appreciating the sunny blue skies we are having and am happy we are expecting temperatures in the mid to high 50s.

I am trying to calm and organize my thoughts for tomorrow's meal preparation.  I get myself so amped up, which is silly.  Its only one day, one meal for three people.

I am pondering why the house I dusted and swept Monday afternoon already looks like it needs it repeated.

My potted mums I've been shielding from the frost are still in bloom and I have uncovered them and they look quite nice on the front porch.

My DH went to pick up the turkey and a make a quick stop at the local grocery.  It is nice he volunteered to do so and I am also thankful to have a bit of quiet time.

Time for me to get up and rearrange the shelves in the frig, and get the serving dishes washed and set out.  DH arrived home with the turkey and a bouquet of flowers to apologize for being snippy earlier this morning.

Amidst all the turmoil in the world, life is still precious and good and I take time to reflect upon that.  Happy Thanksgiving to all

Honored Contributor

Re: What are you doing this pre Thanksgiving morning?

Getting ready to start knocking out a bunch more work.  Yesterday I made my croutons for the dressing, baked pumpkin pies, did dishes about  a zillion times, made up my dry rub for the turkey, and got the turkey cleaned and in the brine.

Today I will roast the turkey, get it all carved out, a bunch more prep work and probably put the dressing together so I can bake it tomorrow.   

I'm already pretty beat.  Yesterday was tough and today I get to handle that turkey more so that will be tough.   I'll be glad when it's all done.  Smiley Happy

By the time I get through these three days, on Thursday I only have to make mashed potatoes, make gravy, bake the dressing and heat up some of the turkey, and make my green bean saute dish.

Whew!   Hope things go well for everybody else!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Last minute cleaning and any shopping for a small this or that. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Honored Contributor

Heading out to a late breakfast with our eldest son then heading to the Field Museum to walk around and revisit the largest T Rex ever found.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just finished cutting up vegetable tray and about to finish deviled eggs when eggs cool.  Not even 8 am.  Then I plan on reading recipes to make sure I haven't forgotten anything.

No deep cleaning because it's just the 3 of us and DH works on Friday

Contributor

Getting ready for work.  2-10 shift.

Respected Contributor

getting ready to leave for the gym and then we're leaving to go to friend's for the holiday.  then a wedding this weekend.  i'm tired already!

Trusted Contributor

Puttering around, straigtening up my apt., watching the news, goofing off on the computer, thinking about tomorrow and all the dishes that will have to be washed, lol, and just being thankful for what I have.

Thanks for a nice thread.

Honored Contributor

I'm cooking. Getting as much prepped for tomorrow as possible. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

Finishing a few last minute things and then going out to lunch with my husband. I set they table already and made a lot of things. I'm ahead of the game