Honored Contributor

Re: What Is Your ONE Money Is No Object Item & Your Hate To Spend That Much Item?

I love certain items from  Lands End and LL Bean.  I always wait and buy when they offer promo codes on what I want.   This weekend LE is offering $60 off of a $150 purchase.  

I will pay a little extra for certain jewelry if I want/need something...I'm a gold gal and found a great site that sells it for much less than Q or other sites.  

I prefer certain brands of milk, cottage cheese, yogurt, and supplements and always buy those.  

Regular Contributor

Re: What Is Your ONE Money Is No Object Item & Your Hate To Spend That Much Item?

Money is no object is a really kick-a$$ tattoo from Kat Von D.

What I hate to spend on is carpet cleaning solution. It's so expensive and it's gone before you know it when you are deep cleaning the house.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Lately it's been cabs. 

DH had surgery on a toe and then something really heavy fell on that same foot breaking several other toes.  At the same time, I've been sick, so neither of us is driving.

I've been calling a cab for all of the various MD appointments.  It sure adds up but then again, that's why we save for a rainy day Smiley Happy

@Noel7- have you tried Uber.  I had the same issue when my husband was ill, a big savings. 

Hi @Stray

I will look into it, thank you for the suggestion!  😊

@Noel7 Definitely ITA with @@Stray - I know you're west coast but in DC an Uber is half price of a cab (and far nicer). : ) 

Honored Contributor

I have one answer for both.  Salon hair cuts and coloring.  I simply can't do either myself, I've tried various coloring methods and ended up with disasters.  Same with even trying to just trim my hair.

Honored Contributor

One answer for both Salon Hair Cuts andColoring.

Honored Contributor

My husband will tell you there are few things I mind spending money on.  My splurge would be First Class versus Coach. (steerage)

I draw the line in summer when my favorite grocery store charges $7.99 for watermelons when they are $5.00-ish at every other store in the area.  Last week they were $3.88 but this week they are back to $7.99. Unlike other sale items, you cannot stock up on watermelons.

Esteemed Contributor

For me and my husband, it's nutrional, nutrient dense food.  We value our health and our looks.

Secondly, hygiene products. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@MyGirlsMom wrote:

bath & body products 

AND 

I hate to spend more than $10.00 on a lipstick 

Beautiful 14k gemstone jewelry!

Trusted Contributor

I just have to have my Estee Lauder Modern Muse cologne.  I have found it on line a lot cheaper than the department stores.

Jessa
Respected Contributor

Hmm, not really sure! My grandmother used to say she'd rather have a $20.00 hankies than a $20.00 purse! I agree, I want the best money can buy of anything I have. That doesn't mean I pay $20,000.00 for an Hermes handbag (as much as I like them!) I buy a Dooney that is well made. The same for most of what I buy. It took years of trial by fire, but I learned that price does not equal quality, and like my grandmother also said, "Only a rich man can buy junk" because it may be cheap but it won't last long and you will have to buy it again!

Never underestimate the power of kindness.