Honored Contributor

What I want to know on the BB

I don't care that someone posted a response 4 minutes ago, I want to know when the thread began; is it old or relatively new.

I want to know how many posters are signed in, not who has the most hearts. Maybe I don't want to waste time if there are only a dozen other posters.

Honored Contributor

Re: What I want to know on the BB

Theres a date and time under the name of the original post when you open it.  Are you looking for a date in the list of topics, before you actually open one?

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I would like too to know when a thread started. And also it would be nice if the original post would show if you choose settings that always start with the newest post..
But privacy preferences also allow you to select showing always offline whether you are or not.
Honored Contributor

I want to know when a Thread was origionally posted before I open it. I don't want to open a thread and then find out it's from last Christmas.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

I want to know when a Thread was origionally posted before I open it. I don't want to open a thread and then find out it's from last Christmas.

Ahhh, I see.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I wanted to know that, as well. I'm on an iPad & don't see ANY resemblance of an OP date. I would bet it's another 'not for iPad users' issue.
Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

Theres a date and time under the name of the original post when you open it.  Are you looking for a date in the list of topics, before you actually open one?

Where?? I don't see a date and a time. I see 2 hours, etc.

Valued Contributor

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

Go to your preferences and under display uncheck Use relative dates.  You still won't see when the thread was started but it will show the date and time of the last reply.

Honored Contributor

Thank you Marp2!
Respected Contributor

@Marp2 wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

Go to your preferences and under display uncheck Use relative dates.  You still won't see when the thread was started but it will show the date and time of the last reply.

Yes, Marp2, thank you very much for the reply! I bet there's lots of tweaking I could do in preferences, etc. that would make this forum better. But many of the choices I don't have a clue what they do. Ha!