Esteemed Contributor

If there's an option to "add tag," I'd at least like to know what it is. 

Anybody? Some of you seem to have navigated pretty well so far. Thanks for the tips and suggestions and help!~ 

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: What Does "Add Tag" Mean?

Hi sunny it will be your siggy line.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sunala wrote:

Anybody? Some of you seem to have navigated pretty well so far. Thanks for the tips and suggestions and help!~ 

@sunala, yes, many of us have been using the tag function as a way to have sub-forums of a sort.  In every post, including the one from you that I am quoting here, there is "add a tag..." at the bottom of the post on the left hand corner.

If you click on this you will be asked to create a name for the tag. For instance, there is a WEN tag and many others that were created.  You can see the tags when you click into a forum - they are found on the left hand side under the Community Menu.

What I have done is every time I tag something that fits under a category already created, I make sure to tag it the same way (using the same words) so that someone wanting to see threads on that topic can find them all in one place.

I hope that helped.

I Discovered That I Can Be Myself Without the Sky Falling In
Honored Contributor

On other websites, it has been my experience that "tags" are descriptors (word)s) that describe your post so that it will appear in a search. I am thinking that if I posted on a discussion concerning tennis shoes, that the tags "tennis" and "shoes" would allow me ( or someone else) to find the posts with this info. Wouldn't this depend upon the search feature and how it is set up? I'm confused!
~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Trusted Contributor

@croemer wrote:

Hi sunny it will be your siggy line.

@croemer, tags on this Board are different from signature lines.

Honored Contributor

@sunala wrote:

cat animated GIF

Esteemed Contributor

@Adelina wrote:

@sunala wrote:

@sunala, yes, many of us have been using the tag function as a way to have sub-forums of a sort.  In every post, including the one from you that I am quoting here, there is "add a tag..." at the bottom of the post on the left hand corner.

If you click on this you will be asked to create a name for the tag. For instance, there is a WEN tag and many others that were created.  You can see the tags when you click into a forum - they are found on the left hand side under the Community Menu.

What I have done is every time I tag something that fits under a category already created, I make sure to tag it the same way (using the same words) so that someone wanting to see threads on that topic can find them all in one place.

I hope that helped.

Adelina I know that what you posted was to help me, but I'm sorry. I don't get it!!! Woman Mad

The signature is the slogan that appears at the end of every post.  I just don't get what the tag does. Do you have to use it? I hate feeling so incompetent! Woman Tongue

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Trusted Contributor

@sunala wrote:
Adelina I know that what you posted was to help me, but I'm sorry. I don't get it!!! Woman Mad

The signature is the slogan that appears at the end of every post.  I just don't get what the tag does. Do you have to use it? I hate feeling so incompetent! Woman Tongue

sunala, I probably did not do a good job at explaining. I will paste what the Q Team explains the tag as below. Maybe that is a better explanation.

No, you certainly do not need to use the tag at all. For some people, it is just one way of seeing posts about the same item/issue/brand etc. Everyone will have their own method of what works for them. Just going to the forum you like and scrolling through the threads may be what you prefer. It is just another option for posters. I think this was meant as an alternative to actually listing sub-forums in the menu. I like it for the fact that we no longer have to wait for QVC approval fo create sub-forums.

Here is how the Q Community Team explains tags and tagging:

Tagging

What is a tag?

A tag is a single keyword or phrase that describes the topic, theme, or subject of a post. You can add as many tags as you want and so can other community members. For example, in a post about a mouse, you might add these tags: mouse, USB mouse, optical mouse, wireless, DPI.

Be sure to use commas between tags.

What can I do with tags?

Tagging is a way to help other users discover interesting posts. It's also a way to organize content in the community that you think is related. When you apply tags to a post, you add to the value by providing another way for people to find it.

Why do people tag?

Some users will tag posts for their own convenience in finding them later. Other users enjoy helping categorize interesting posts for the benefit of the community. Users who tag lots of posts gain status by appearing on Tag Leaderboards.

How do I tag?

To add a tag:

Navigate to an interesting post or comment.
Click in the Add Tag field and type your tags (separated by commas).
Click Add Tag.

Where are my tags?

You can find messages you've tagged by visiting your profile and clicking the tag. You can also click on a tag on any cloud and look at the Most Tagged section.