Respected Contributor

Re: What Do You Like to Collect?

I don't like or look for them, but I collect.....bills!

Poodlepet2 Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@depglass I never read the How did you get your screen name threads: after all these years...now I know why you chose your name!

Poodlepet2

Esteemed Contributor

I have a collection of Seraphim angels in a curio cabinet.  I also have lots of teddy bears!

Esteemed Contributor

I’ve never been a collector but if I did begin a collection it would be paperweights.  I see some beautiful designs.  I used to look for beautiful paperweights to give to co-workers who were leaving or retiring, a memento of sorts. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have a small collection of ericofons.
I like telephones and have other models, like French telephones, in addition to the ericofons.

I also have a small collection of Dutch wooden shoes.

Contributor

I enjoy collecting vintage kid leather gloves and vintage pillbox hats, preferably with demi veils--and wearing them. I also collect Fiestaware but don't have any special preference for vintage or modern, just love the happy colors.
Honored Contributor

Currently, handbags, lol. Before that it was watches, bracelets, rings, and earrings. And before that Lladro figurines, Swarovski crystal critters, Limoges miniature porcelain boxes-- you name it. Now l consider these display collectibles a nuisance to dust.

l was first introduced to collecting as a child, when l was given a "stamps of the world" album as a gift. Then it was coins from all nations.

It seems I've always needed to be collecting something! Does that mean l have the makings of a hoarder?!  Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Books, DVD and animals. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

Books, mainly--also clothes and shoes!

Respected Contributor

small porcelain knik naks. tiny antique candy  dishes for my rings, etc.  i have a high-heel shoe and Peter Rabbit (the kid with acarrot and bunny by his feet)   Lustreware, vintage cream pitchers, depression glass.  antique furniture, old prints, paintings.  i would love to own a mirrored sideboard with the shelving and carvings around the mirror. and a Hoosier cabinet.   i once found a signed Chatauqua desk at a yard sale. refinished it. bad idea