Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Do Customers Want To See In The QVC Host or Programming?

If the Q was interested in changing things, the company would need to survey its customers, not just the ones that frequent the forums but a true sample of the millions of members.  Get a picture of what's working and what's not. 

Honored Contributor

I've read through most of the posts, but I'm convinced that anyone at QVC  with a position of influence never reads these forums.  They clearly don't pay any attention to any of the information we take the time to write as to things that might be considered to improve sales.  Their intent seems to be more and more food shows and more and more hour-long, single product, high cost items.  And as to the hosts, I better not go into that.  I rarely bother to watch any more, though I do enjoy the forums.

Honored Contributor

Alberti HeartHeartHeartHeart!!!!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

And contrary to popular opinion, not everyone attributes great value to the hosts who have been at QVC the longest. I would love to see several Old Timers Gone With the Wind. But I can see that "better the d*vil you do know" is appealing on the whole.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

I like most of the host/programming suggestions noted here...please @notify me if Q implements any of them and I might start watching again!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

I very rarely watch or buy so it really doesn't matter to me. I have never bought clothing from the Q as I have never seen anything that appealed to me. I neither loved or disliked any of the hosts enough to start a thread about one like some have in the past even when I did watch. I can almost always find anything I have wanted on the Q someplace else cheaper with better shipping. I would honestly be surprised if they are still in business within the next 10-15 yrs because of other more successful online retailers that actually do seem to care more about what their customers want and think. I am not just referring to QVC but other business models like theirs.

The only host I think is truly awful and so over the top it borders on ridiculousness isn't on the Q but HSN and that is Shannon Smith. Sales is an art and some people just have a knack for it but I find Shannon to be so fake the times I have watched her, I am surprised she has a job. Not only that, she seems to be quite popular and successful at it. Just surprises me.

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Trusted Contributor

Someone posted that they read in Facebook that Alberti was coming back to the main Q. It was in a Jacque thread earlier. I like him, too.

Honored Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

There have been so many abrupt departures over the past few years, but never, ever this many at the Q in such a short amount of time.

I am wondering what the customers think.  Maybe we could offer advice on what changes THE CUSTOMER would like to see happen here.  Any suggestions?  All areas welcome...after all, we are the customers, right?

Gif

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Frequent Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

Variety in products---I dont watch 24/7 but every time I peek---its always IT COSMETICS, DOONEY, LOGO, JOSIE MARAN, SERTA, ELECTRONICS, GOURMET FOOD, COPPER POTS AND PANS, CLARKS, VIONIC, PHILOSOPHY, VITAMIX....and repeat, repeat, repeat especially on the Weekends!  Which brings us to Variety in Programming........If there's a favorite repeat product that is given a break on TV the fans can still order it online or on their APP!!!

And by VARIETY I dont mean adding a new color or metallic paint or the same ole product make a minor change and calling basically the same product "new".   And if you already have tons of shoe vendors when QVC FINALLY brings in something different, what do they brinf in MORE shoes....I want a diversity in products and not the same stuff we see locally!!! 

Rotate the hosts---never seen Katie McGee (and heard nice things about her), and Monday's Fashion's Night In.... needs a change........Alberti needs a home decor show!!! (if you read his Blog or Facebook you've seen his talent)............

Exactly...bring back Alberti to regular programming at QVC.

And while they are at it....bring back:

-Thomas Pacconi Christmas items

-Tiffany Style Lamps

-Different Designers with reasonable, affordable  

prices and better style of clothes

-Get rid of GILI...it's not the same since Lisa left and     they would save big bucks in not paying Jill.

-Bring back 50/50 tours

-Give discounts and coupons to customers

-How 'bout some free shipping...if not everyday at least 1-2 times a week instead of all those easy pay for 4 hours every other day

@shell garden Alberti is coming back in August! Smiley Very Happy

There's always a lot to be thankful for if you take time to look for it.
For example, I am sitting here thinking how nice it is that wrinkles don't hurt.
Trusted Contributor

It does not matter to matter who the host or hostess happenes to be.  If I see something that interest me, at a price I am willing to pay, I buy it.  Here lately I have not seen merchandise that I was willing to buy.  I am a big Lunchtime Special shopper, but even the pickings there lately have been slim and expensive.