Esteemed Contributor

Re: What Do Customers Want To See In The QVC Host or Programming?

@Moonchilde wrote:

@millieshops wrote:

One problem for them is that "WE" don't think alike, so who should they listen to?

Which is why they don't listen. For every person who feels one way there's someone who feels the opposite and says so.

I am not the host's BFF and they aren't mine. I honestly don't care about them telling me anything about their life off-QVC sets. It's fake, very annoying, and makes me want to change the channel and not buy when I can't get enough info on the product because I had to hear about dance recitals or the host's faith.

But for every casual, not glued to the channel 24/7 viewer like me, there are people who love-love-love being BFF's with that cute young thing who they wish was their granddaughter, because GD never visits and they're stuck in the house alone.

They're still playing around with their demographic, as if they think it is/hope it is/want it to be what it isn't. When there is no variety and you've seen all products you even might be interested in a zillion times, variety becomes the biggest issue, even over hosts. No host can "fix" that.

My personal wish list? Someone who behaves like an adult and doesn't gush, kiss-kiss, cackle or screech. I don't want to hear about hubby, the kids or grandma. I don't want to hear what they buy/own.

Someone who resists QVC's drive to turn them into someone they're not, in a bad way, in order to keep their job. No faux, cheesy, forced reactions or feelings. No OMGs or huge gasps of wonder. Minimal phoniness.

I think QVC is trying to blame decreasing sales on the hosts. "If we only had the right hosts..."

Um...no. If you only had items people cared to buy at non-ripoff prices and s&h...

@Moonchilde...all great points with what you said and all other posters here.  If only the PTB would check out this thread.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shell garden wrote:

There have been so many abrupt departures over the past few years, but never, ever this many at the Q in such a short amount of time.

I am wondering what the customers think.  Maybe we could offer advice on what changes THE CUSTOMER would like to see happen here.  Any suggestions?  All areas welcome...after all, we are the customers, right?

That they don't rush and talk excitedly, so we can relax to shop and not feel like changing the channel. Slow down while going through the colors and not stopping to show detail, but finish the colors first. Also not mentioning they're from CA every show.

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde -- that's my feeling, too.  I'd buy more if quality issues were improved.  I have received two pairs of pants recently where the inseams were way off and a bracelet that was an obvious return and not the correct size.  

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Never mind, shell...I think I have two threads mixed up😏

@tansy...OMG, sweetie...now this is

The Post Of The Day.

That literally made me run to the bathroom! 

Esteemed Contributor

This customer wants  everyone that watches and even those that don't watch but still have opinions to have absolute perfection (whatever that may be on any given day) in both hosts and programming.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

This customer wants  everyone that watches and even those that don't watch but still have opinions to have absolute perfection (whatever that may be on any given day) in both hosts and programming.

Yep, but are they? Uh huh...

Honored Contributor

@tansy, the sizing issues such as you describe are purely cutting corners to produce items as rock-bottom cheaply as possible. Have the clothes manufactured in Honduras, Ceylon, Vietnam or other Second World countries and slap a designer or faux-designer label on them and tell people their "value" is twice what it is.

But there is clearly no QC involved anywhere - with mdse or returns - because QC means they can't clear the warehouse and must take a loss on mdse that clearly should not be sold/resold. Oh, noes! We'll just keep sending it out, because a lot of people will just keep it, so it's all good...not.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

Bring in a larger variety of clothelines. 

Show more items in the time slot.  This could still be done with a bit of chit chat/laughing etc. They are always saying how there is SO much inventory that never makes it to air - why not??  There is just too much repitition of items being shown.

I would love it if when they are selling a foundation, they would actually show a "smear" of it on someone's hand.  Showing that shade chart has limitations.  Also, if it is a compact type make up, open them up and show them!

I also think they need to give more measurements.  Show it on the screen.  They keep asking the models ad nauseum how tall they are.  Unless they give their measurements, it really isn't a big help.  I guess you need to find a model that is close to your size and hope for the best.  When you click on a product description on Evine, it gives the model's (in the video) measurements and the size she is wearing.  I find this extremely helpful. If I am not sure of sizing, I don't order.  It is too costly to send anything back.  I was at Marshall's the other day and bought 3 tops for $85....no shipping and I can return them for free!! 

I think that QVC really needs to take into account that there are so many places to shop.  Most are free shipping and free returns.  If these companies can do it, they could, too. 

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

Bring in a larger variety of clothelines. 

Show more items in the time slot.  This could still be done with a bit of chit chat/laughing etc. They are always saying how there is SO much inventory that never makes it to air - why not??  There is just too much repitition of items being shown.

I would love it if when they are selling a foundation, they would actually show a "smear" of it on someone's hand.  Showing that shade chart has limitations.  Also, if it is a compact type make up, open them up and show them!

I also think they need to give more measurements.  Show it on the screen.  They keep asking the models ad nauseum how tall they are.  Unless they give their measurements, it really isn't a big help.  I guess you need to find a model that is close to your size and hope for the best.  When you click on a product description on Evine, it gives the model's (in the video) measurements and the size she is wearing.  I find this extremely helpful. If I am not sure of sizing, I don't order.  It is too costly to send anything back.  I was at Marshall's the other day and bought 3 tops for $85....no .shipping and I can return them for free!! 

I think that QVC really needs to take into account that there are so many places to shop.  Most are free shipping and free returns.  If these companies can do it, they could, too. 

@tends2dogs....BINGO! 

Honored Contributor

Some of us have been discussing what we'd like to see more and less of for years. It makes no difference. They're wedded to their way or the highway... I took the highway...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...