Contributor

Re: What Are You Reading --- May 2014

On 5/26/2014 sfparrthd said:
On 5/26/2014 skyblue said: I finished THE SHOEMAKER'S WIFE by Adriana Trigiani. I am now trying to be patient for Beatriz Williams' new release THE SECRET LIFE OF VIOLET GRANT to be sent to my Kindle. It releases on the 27th. I loved her book A HUNDRED SUMMERS! One of my favorites.

I just finished A HUNDRED SUMMERS! You are right, it was a great book.

Hugs friend , have a wonderful summer.

Contributor

On 5/24/2014 SWEET said:
On 5/24/2014 colinka said:

Just finished a quirky book, That Part Was True, by Deborah McKinlay. A lovely, lonely British lady writes a fan letter to an American author. They both share a fondness for good food and become fast friends, sharing their lives through their correspondence. Will the relationship blossom into a real romance? A delightful read.

Just got Maeve Binchy's last book, Chestnut Street, from the library. Can't wait to dive in, but it is bittersweet, knowing it will be the final time I can do this. (Unless there are more stories she left us with that are still to be published?) Does anyone have recommendation for a writer to replace her? I miss Rosamunde Pilcher, too. Wish she would write more.

I have That Part Was True on my tbr list. I usually don't read British authors but this plot looks good.

I think Chestnut Street is her last book. I didn't read her last few since either I ptb or the plot didn't appeal to me. I love Rosamund Pilcher also and The Shell Seekers is one of my all time favorite books. Never read her son's Robin's books though.

Just finished Diane Keaton's Let's Just Say It Wasn't Pretty in 1 day. Fast reading and humorous.

Going to read Lisa Scottoline's Keep Quiet next. Haven't been loving her stand alone books lately though.

Hugs friend , have a wonderful summer and lots of good reading.

Contributor

On 5/26/2014 skyblue said: I finished THE SHOEMAKER'S WIFE by Adriana Trigiani. I am now trying to be patient for Beatriz Williams' new release THE SECRET LIFE OF VIOLET GRANT to be sent to my Kindle. It releases on the 27th. I loved her book A HUNDRED SUMMERS! One of my favorites.

Have a wonderful summer sky .

Respected Contributor

On 5/26/2014 RaeBooks said:

Have a wonderful summer sky .

Thanks, RAEBOOKS!! Have a safe trip, and enjoy those sweet babies! How nice that your husband is able to come for a week! Plus another wedding? You are blessed! Please let us know all about your visit with the twins when you return. Hugs!
Super Contributor

I just finished REMEMBER ME LIKE THIS by BRET ANTHONY JOHNSTON. Wonderful book - couldn't stop reading it to see what happened. Well written. About a young man who goes missing and is found four years later. And then what happens within his family after his return. Highly recommend.
Honored Contributor

I just finished Americanah written by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie. This was an excellent book and I highly recommend it. The author is Nigerian. It is a novel about trying to adapt to America.

Regular Contributor

I'm half way through Dr. Feelgood by Richard A.Lertzman and William J. Birnes. This is the M.D. that provided "vitamin shots" containing methamphetamine to JFK, and lots of well known people. Robert Cummings was popular in the 50's and early 60's, but after getting "hooked" on these shots, no one would hire him. He wound up with a lifelong dependence on this "upper."

Occasional Contributor

On 5/26/2014 RaeBooks said:

Hi Book Friend's and lainey , as always thanks so much for the thread each and every month. We are all packed and ready to leave on May 28 , 2014 for Taiwan , China to visit with our NEW grandchildren.

Looking so forward to this. My Husband is coming along this time for 1 week . I can not wait to see them and have them both in my arms . Oh and my Daughter and Son in Law too , LOL.

I hope The Secret Life of Violet Grant is on my kindle for my flight's. I have done very little reading. I did read Memoirs of a Imaginary Friend . The authors name is I think Matthew Dicks ? It was a very different kind of book. I would give it 3 and half stars out of 5 .

I will only be in China for 8 weeks this time. I would love to stay until labor day but with my Moms health , I just can not be gone for more than this amount of time ( which is a lot) .

I hope everybody has a GREAT summer and has a lot of wonderful reading planned.

Hugs to you all , ( aka scentofasale) .

Oh I have a wedding to plan . One of our Daughter's is newly Engaged.

RaeBooks how wonderful for you! Enjoy your trip and those new grandkids of yours! Safe travels, my friend

Frequent Contributor

Finished "The Studied Life of AJ Fikry", by Gabrielle Zevin, after the recommendations on here..truly a very charming, enjoyable story. Reminded me in a way of the Mitford series. . {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}. Starting "Blood Memory" by Greg Iles next.

Respected Contributor

On 5/30/2014 blessed10 said:

Finished "The Studied Life of AJ Fikry", by Gabrielle Zevin, after the recommendations on here..truly a very charming, enjoyable story. Reminded me in a way of the Mitford series. . {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}. Starting "Blood Memory" by Greg Iles next.

So glad you liked it, BLESSED10!